What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Girl gets pregnant at party, mom sends her away, mom raises baby, girl marries wealthy man who covers her in jewelry

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (last edited May 08, 2014 09:48PM) (new)

Jo | 1 comments There is a teenage girl who goes to a party and almost has sex but still gets pregnant. Her mom then sends her away to have the baby and the mom then raises the baby girl as her own. The teenage girl grows up eventually wants to tell her daughter but i cant remember if she does. She also gets married and her husband is wealthy and likes to cover her body with jewelry.

Read it in probably 2005 so published before that

message 2: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments "Almost has sex but still gets pregnant"? How does that work?

message 3: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited May 10, 2014 04:22AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments Sara, I don't s'pose you've read about virgin births? Works in many, many types of animals (and allegedly woman in WWII - but I really wanted the DNA tests to prove it, and everyone got busy when it came time to prove stuff).

I've got some other ideas for awesome thread titles that're as distinctive as this thread's title:
Guy knocks-up girl.
Guy gets job, and pays bills.
Boy meets girl, boy loses girl.
Woman gets in accident, but survives.
Girl in love triangle, can't decide.
Woman gets a divorce.
Guy buys a car.
Child discovers a secret.
Woman gets married.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Sara--ejaculation near the vagina--those little tadpoles are determined. (At least, according to Anne Landers.)

message 5: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 141 comments Justanotherbiblophile wrote: "Sara, I don't s'pose you've read about virgin births? Works in many, many types of animals (and allegedly woman in WWII - but I really wanted the DNA tests to prove it, and everyone got busy when it came time to prove stuff)."

Just that one in the Bible... And HA! to all your thread titles... LOVE THEM!!! :D

Ann — I suppose that makes sense... IF the hymen has been breached previously.... Although, in my humble opinion, that's pretty much the crappiest (consensual) way to get pregnant I've ever heard!

message 6: by bb. (new)

bb. (magnumopus) | 92 comments If a woman has never had vaginal sex before but a sperm was injected into her egg in an artificial setting of course like the hospital, is she still a virgin?

message 7: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited May 09, 2014 11:06PM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments Since this has gotten *way* OT for this thread:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Jo, was this more like a romance, or more like an adventure, or more like a mystery/drama? Do you remember anything about the father of the baby -- was he a major character in the book or did he just disappear from the storyline? Does the book cover the girl's whole life, or just these two stages (the teenage pregnancy and then her as a married adult)? Do you recall anything else about her husband besides the jewelry? Was the book a YA novel or an adult novel?

And (given all the comments!) perhaps you could elaborate on what you mean by "almost has sex" :)

message 9: by Rafi (new)

Rafi Snowden | 101 comments Winaa wrote: "If a woman has never had vaginal sex before but a sperm was injected into her egg in an artificial setting of course like the hospital, is she still a virgin?"

I think it depends on your definition of "virgin".

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Virgin means, "never had sex" (and this includes oral, btw, never mind what ol' Bill said.)

message 11: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Virgin means, "never had sex" (and this includes oral, btw, never mind what ol' Bill said.)"

Actually no, it doesn't necessarily include those things. Definitions differ.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments I have to agree with Michele, a *lot* of women in the HS/college dating scene, like to use an intact hymen to claim 'virginity', even if they've been taking it up the [ahem] for years from tons of different guys. And BJs? - not even a chance.

And that's not even counting the ones who 'reclaim' their virginity.

http://www.postsecretcommunity.com/ch...

So, you should be careful that the words you use aren't being redefined by the people you're using them with :)

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments Getting back to Jo's question, I doubt this is it, but An Almost Perfect Moment: A Novel has the almost-sex with "virgin birth."

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments I hope we haven't scared the original poster off with our digressions lol Jo, are you still there?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Jo, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it YA, NA, or adult?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Jo, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it YA, NA, or adult?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.