AlexandriaLibraryVA discussion

Adult Summer Reading 2016 > Adult Summer Reading Challenge 2016

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 103 comments Mod
Hi Everybody,

Why should the kids have all the fun? Join us for our second annual Adult Summer Reading program.

This year, the theme is Read for the Win! Pick up a Book Bracket at any library location and let your favorite literary genres compete head to head until you’ve identified a winner. Turn in your completed Book Bracket to the Information Desk at any library location by August 29 to be entered into a drawing to win a prize.

Want an extra chance to win? Attend 3 Adult Summer Reading programs at any Alexandria Library location, have the Library Stamp Card attached to your Book Bracket stamped, and turn in your stamped card with your Book Bracket to any library location by August 29.

If you can't get to the library to pick up your bracket and stamp card here is a link to our website where you can download and print them at home.

Click Here

message 2: by Elaine Cook (new)

Elaine Cook | 28 comments Katherine wrote: "Hi Everybody,

Why should the kids have all the fun? Join us for our second annual Adult Summer Reading program.

This year, the theme is Read for the Win! Pick up a Book Bracket at any library loc..."

My bracket is nearly done, just waiting for finishing The Search for Anne Perry
I was thinking of doing another with different genre choices. Are we limited to one?

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 2 comments I finished my bracket and brought it into the library yesterday but was told that they aren't accepting finished entries until the 25th. I didn't see this anywhere on the log so this was disappointing that by the time I return it, I may not be in the first 50 anymore.

message 4: by Elaine Cook (new)

Elaine Cook | 28 comments Deborah wrote: "I finished my bracket and brought it into the library yesterday but was told that they aren't accepting finished entries until the 25th. I didn't see this anywhere on the log so this was disappoint..."

Yeah, what's up with that? The bracket only has room for 6 books with a period of 3 weeks already past. I know plenty of people who read >2 books/week.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Hi Deborah,

Congratulations on finishing your bracket. Our apologies for any confusion. The coupons weren't available until this morning. Please feel free to come by at your earliest convenience to drop off your bracket.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Hi Elaine,

We're requesting a minimum of six books in order to turn in the bracket. We of course encourage people to read as many as they like over the summer.

message 7: by Elaine Cook (new)

Elaine Cook | 28 comments Katherine wrote: "Hi Elaine,

We're requesting a minimum of six books in order to turn in the bracket. We of course encourage people to read as many as they like over the summer."

What I was thinking was to get another bracket & make different genre choices.

message 8: by Elaine Cook (new)

Elaine Cook | 28 comments Returned my completed bracket. Was tempted to re-do the whole thing with different genre choices. Because this week's display is Romance, I looked but said "nah". Any romance I read is likely to be by accident.