SCPL Teens discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
TLC Summer Book Club > Perfect Summer Read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Seminole County Public Library (seminolecountypubliclibrary) | 119 comments Mod
What book are you really excited to read / have read this summer?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  | 2 comments The Story of You by Beth Kephart, This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki and Rock and Roll Love: Misako Rocks! 2 are graphic novels, 2 are beach settings and one is manga!!

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 1 comments I just read Legend and am excited for the next book, Prodigy.

message 4: by Serena (new)

Serena Barker | 6 comments Lady midnight!!!!!!!!! Oh and UNITED AS ONE COMES OUT June 28, so that'll be super great addition to the Lorien legacies

message 5: by Jaina (new)

Jaina Hope | 6 comments Star Crossed was amazing and its sequel.

message 6: by Maddie_H (new)

Maddie_H (goodreadscomSUPREME_TACO_RESCUE) Two Towers in the Lord of the Ring trilogy along with all the other amazing books I'm going to read!

message 7: by Shelbi (new)

Shelbi | 2 comments The Percy Jackson and Harry Potter books (rereads but still). And also the Mother-Daughter Book Camp book that just came out!

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Koo | 1 comments Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. I do plan to read some of Jane Austin's books

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Betancourt | 3 comments Mine was The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson. Next I want to read two others of her books, The Golden Braid and The Beautiful Pretender.

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Hofstatter | 5 comments I enjoyed Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon. That was an amazing read that will never get old! Also, I liked The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory very much!

message 11: by Breanna (new)

Breanna | 3 comments I am really excited to read the book Echo. Lots of my friends have read it and said it was awesome.

message 12: by Ashish (new)

Ashish | 1 comments I am reading "The Chronicles of Narnia". My friend said the movie was really good so I thought that I should read the book first and I decided to do it this summer.

message 13: by Jaina (new)

Jaina Hope | 6 comments This summer it is the Legend trilogy.

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1 comments Dragon Watch by: Brandon Mull

message 15: by X (new)

X | 3 comments I'm reading Mein Kampf purely for informational purposes. I'm studying history and politics, and recently I also read the Communist Manifesto.

message 16: by G.A. (last edited Jun 14, 2017 05:41AM) (new)

G.A. | 1 comments Night by Elie Wiesel is a good book to get your head out of the clouds this summer. If you want to take a break with fiction books for a while this is a good book. This book will show you how it was to leave during the holocaust from someones perspective while the lived through it.

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments right now I am currently reading The Night is Alive by Heather Graham and I am almost finished. So far the book has been really great and suspenseful. I would recommend this book for anyone who like a good murder mystery with many twists and turns.

message 18: by Zahra (new)

Zahra | 1 comments This summer is The Legend trilogy, The Throne of Glass series, and the Defiance series.

message 19: by Tanya (new)

Tanya Charan | 2 comments I just finished I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. It is an enriching and captivating auto biography which opens your views on the importance of education. 10 /10 reccomend!

message 20: by Idil (new)

Idil At the moment, I'm reading this book called Dreamland, I would recommend it to anyone that is interested in romance/suspense. It's about a girl and her mom having to move all the time, due to the fact that both her and her mom can "walk" dreams (basically go into other people's minds and their dreams). Then there's this boy that moves next door with a troubling past and they both help each other and uncover truths.

message 21: by Max (new)

Max Ivanov | 1 comments I just finished reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. I had to read this book for summer reading but still enjoyed it. I would highly recommend this book. 9/10

message 22: by Jaina (new)

Jaina Hope | 6 comments This summer my favorite series are the Remenent Chronicles, the Lunar Chronicles, and the Trickster's Choice/and Queen Series. They were and are so much fun to read. I couldn't put any of those books down.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.