What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. young girl (detective) goes to visit mother and saves her from guy who has a mummy in his closet [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments Hi!

So I read this book somewhere between like 2004-2008. It is a young adult book I believe, and probably came out in the early 2000's. It may be a series, but this was the only one that I read. The way it set up the main character made me believe it was a series when I read it though. It starts off with a girl who solves mysteries living with her grandmother in a city, maybe NYC. She decides to go see her mother (not sure if finding her for the first time or just visiting), and takes a bus to get there. Her mother lives in a building with a lot of other woman, and I think a man is in charge. I think the guy is trying to seduce her mother or something, but the girl suspects something is up and investigates. Not sure the middle plot of the book, but I know near the end she finds a mummified corpse in the guys closet (maybe his first wife?) and then rushes to go to the restaurant where her mother is eating with the guy, and finds out her mother was poisoned so she makes her drink coffee with salt in it to throw the poison up. Girl saves the day, and then goes back to living with her grandmother at the end.

Thank you for the help!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Sounds like the Sammy Keyes series. Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy Sammy Keyes and the Hollywood Mummy (Sammy Keyes Book 6) by Wendelin Van Draanen fits

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 10 comments Yes that is it! Thank you!