Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Historical fiction, finished manuscript

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha Gaston | 2 comments Hi! I've written a historical novel, set primarily in post-WWII Germany (though it begins during the war). The book is about an American man who loses his brother during the war, and is so guilt-ridden that he stays behind in Germany once peace is declared. There, he meets and marries a German woman, and they navigate post-war PTSD, cultural identities and more together.

I'd love to get a few Beta readers to read a couple of chapters. I'm mostly concerned with character relatability and the pace of the story. I hope to hear from you!

message 2: by M. A. (new)

M. A. (sun-owl) | 7 comments Hi Martha, I'm a big pre/wartime Germany nerd and your synopsis fascinated me, so I'd love to take a look at your manuscript. I can't promise to be the most devoted beta reader (in fact I've never done it before), but I'd sure like to try and help. I'm working on a book set during WW2, so it would be nice to read something (slightly! haha) different for a minute.

message 3: by Katt (new)

Katt | 9 comments Hi, Martha. I'd be happy to look over your chapters. I've read a lot of WWII Germany/Poland books, so this sounds right up my alley. You can email me at kattarcher@gmail.com

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha Gaston | 2 comments Katt, thanks so much. I'm sending over now.

Melly, I appreciate it as well. How can I get in touch with you?

message 5: by M. A. (new)

M. A. (sun-owl) | 7 comments Martha wrote: "Katt, thanks so much. I'm sending over now.

Melly, I appreciate it as well. How can I get in touch with you?"

I'll PM you my email!