J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive-BOM Noms/Polls 2021 > July 2016 Book of the Month Nominations - Closed

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10171 comments Mod
Nominations are now being accepted for our July Book of the Month. You may nominate any book from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genre or from any one of the many sub genres, with the exception of books by J.D. Robb and Nora Roberts. We explore Robb's In Death series in Buddy Reads & other discussions in this group. And we read & discuss Nora Roberts books with our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies. We encourage you to join the discussions any time.

*Nominations for our July Book of the Month will be accepted through June 21. The poll for voting will open June 22 and close at midnight on June 28.

Monthly Book Nomination Guidelines:

1-Each member may nominate 2 books per month. Please include a link to the book that you nominate.

2-Only nominate books that you intend to read and discuss with the group.

3-If your nomination wins the poll, we would love for you to consider leading the Book of the Month discussion for that month. Leading the discussion can be as simple as sharing your thoughts and encouraging others to share theirs, or you may prefer to post questions concerning the plot, characters, etc. The choice will be yours if you decide to lead the discussion.

4-Nominated books must be from the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller genres or one of the many sub genres.

5-Nominated books must be the first book in a series unless the Robb group has read the preceding books previously.

6-J.D. Robb and Nora Robert books are not eligible for nomination. We invite you to join us as we explore the In Death series books in our In Death Buddy Reads and enjoy discussing the Nora Roberts titles in our sister group, Nora Roberts Groupies.

7-Should an issue arise that results in the winning book being disqualified, the book that received the 2nd most votes will automatically become the replacement Book of the Month.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12874 comments Mod
I nominate Deadline by Jessica James.
Deadline by Jessica James

He’s a relentless homicide detective. She’s an uncompromising journalist. Neither desires to work together—but they’ll never uncover the truth alone.

Landing a front page headline isn’t why reporter Caitlin Sparks is investigating a string of suspicious deaths connected to the U.S. State Department. She has a personal stake in finding the killer.

Detective Blake Madison has a connection to the murders too, and will risk anything to uncover the truth. But a journalist is the last type of person he’d rely on to help him solve a crime—especially one whose trail of evidence leads back to him.

Joining forces becomes essential as the body count continues to grow. Someone powerful doesn't want the truth to come out—and will stop at nothing to make sure no one talks.

On the run with nowhere to turn, the couple devises a plan to expose the killer. The risk is great and the chance of success small, but the ultimate outcome is something neither one of them envisioned.

message 3: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 212 comments I nominate Deceptive Cadence (The Virtuosic Spy, #1) by Kathryn Guare

Meet Conor McBride. He's even more interesting than the trouble he gets into. A talented Irish musician reluctantly reinvents himself, disappearing into an undercover identity to search for the man who ruined his career: his own brother. On a journey from the west of Ireland to the tumultuous city of Mumbai, Conor McBride's only goal is to redeem the brother who betrayed him. But he's becoming a virtuoso of a different kind in a dangerous game where the rules keep changing--and where the allies he trusted to help him may be the people he should fear the most.

Gold Medal Winner for Fiction, Readers Favorite Awards
Winner, Finalist Medal for Best Action/Adventure, Next Generation Indie Book Awards
Semi-Finalist for Best Mystery/Thriller, Kindle Book Awards
B.R.A.G. Medallion Recipient

message 4: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 212 comments Jonetta wrote: "I nominate Deadline by Jessica James.
Deadline by Jessica James"

Sounds very interesting

message 5: by Christine (new)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 852 comments I'd like to nominate She Can Run (She Can... #1) by Melinda Leigh

message 7: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 668 comments Agnieszka wrote: "I nominate Deceptive Cadence (The Virtuosic Spy, #1) by Kathryn Guare

Meet Conor McBride. He's even more interesting than the trouble he gets into. A talented Irish musician reluctantly reinvents himself, disappearin..."

Oh, I really liked this one. I haven't gotten to the sequel yet, but this I'd read again!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.