The Lucid Garden discussion

Welcomes and Whatnot

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:42AM) (new)

Judah | 34 comments Mod
So, on a whim I started this group since I hadn't seen one dedicated to books of this variety. (though there could very well be others out there...eventually I just tired of clicking "next page.")

What am I hoping to see here? First and foremost...recommendations! There's nothing I dislike more than wasting money and time on poorly written books...something I'm sure most, if not all, of you can identify with.

To do that, I hope folks will add books to the "library" here on the group space of books they think others should check out.

Also, if you want to, feel free to post an introductory message here and tell us a bit about yourself. (and feel free as well to invite anyone you think may enjoy the group as well.)

Thanks...and welcome!
Cynjon

message 2: by Stranger (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Stranger | 1 comments Me? I am a stranger in a strange land, new kid in town ... and an avid reader of all manner o'wierdness. Thought I might find some good read pointers and kindred spirits here!

message 3: by Malin (new)

Malin (Tusenord) Hey, I just realised I'm a bit confused about the range of books this group is dedicated to. I love Gaiman, and like le Guin - but exactly what about their stories is it that this group 'is looking for'? *curious and confused*

message 4: by Amanda (last edited Mar 12, 2010 12:05PM) (new)

Amanda | 16 comments I'm Amanda- been here awhile, but never introduced myself. I adore weird- the weirder the better! Recently i've been getting my most satisfying weird fixes from a couple of bizzaro books-
Slaughtermatic- great read!
The Baby Jesus Butt Plug: A Fairy Tale- it doesn't usually get much weirder than this imo

I adore Jeff VanderMeer and am much interested in some of the obscure books that Seth posted. The Third Policeman was a great book too