The Bibliophiles discussion

Book of the Month > July BOTM Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
Alright everyone, you have voted and the winner for July's theme is Beach Murder Mystery!! So put in your two cents and let us know what title you'd like us to read! Enjoy!

message 2: by Lisa (new)

I found a good list of some great mysteries to read on the beach! What do you guys think about it?
http://www.bustle.com/articles/86115-...

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (mentha) | 333 comments Hmmm, I tried to find a murder mystery that actually takes place on the beach but no such luck. I just keep getting a lot of good beach reads XD I'm still wracking my brain to think of something good but I'm not really murder mystery gal and did not read much more than the obligatory Sherlock Holmes and stuff, and those don't even have that many murders ^-^

message 4: by Lisa (new)

This is true! I did some more digging and found a few titles that are based in a beach town.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Galveston
Blood Orchids

Those are the best ones I can think of. I've read all three of these and enjoyed all of them. Tell me what y'all think!

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (mentha) | 333 comments I've heard of Blood Orchids and seen the Dexter TV show :D I'm still looking for something good though. There must be something. The only one I could think of myself is a swedish book that has, as far as I am aware, not been translated, and thus useless.

message 6: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I absolutely love the Dexter series. I own, but have yet to read the final book because I can't bear it being over.

message 7: by Lexi (new)

Lexi Goyette I've wanted to read some Agatha Christie and this might be a good excuse to do it! And Then There Were None is literally a beach murder mystery, but if we want something a little more obscure, I heard The ABC Murders is great!

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (mentha) | 333 comments Oh sounds good, I've been wanting to read agatie christie too :)

message 9: by Kandice (new)

Kandice You can never go wrong with a Christie. I'd be on board for any of hers.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Great suggestion Lexi! I didn't even think of Agatha Christie! I'll probably get the poll up tomorrow and we can make a vote of it!