2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
This topic is about The Fellowship of the Ring
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2016 > The Fellowship of the Ring: General Discussion *Spoiler Free*

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (last edited Jul 21, 2016 04:35AM) (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4597 comments Our July group read will be The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

Frodo Baggins knew the Ringwraiths were searching for him—and the Ring of Power he bore that would enable Sauron to destroy all that was good in Middle-earth. Now it was up to Frodo and his faithful servant Sam to carry the Ring to where it could be destroyed—in the very center of Sauron's dark kingdom.

Our discussion leader will be René! Thank you!

message 2: by Winter, Group Reads (last edited Jun 15, 2016 06:22AM) (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4597 comments The rest of the discussion threads will be posted June 21th or 22th.

Megan BG (meganbgreads) | 1338 comments Oh! I just bought the whole series (including the Hobbit)! Moved this to the top of my TBR list!

message 4: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4597 comments Megan BG wrote: "Oh! I just bought the whole series (including the Hobbit)! Moved this to the top of my TBR list!"

Nice ^^

message 5: by Kester (new) - added it

Kester Nucum (kesternucum) | 61 comments I would love to join this! Fortunately, one of the three hardcopies of books I brought with me here for my vacation in the Philippines is "The Fellowship of the Ring." And even more fortunate, I haven't touched it! Count me in!

message 6: by Tyler (new) - added it

Tyler Martin I've never been a LOTR fan. My first exposure to it was an event where we watched all three extended editions in one day. That was a bit too much for me. I never returned to Middle Earth.

But a few days ago, I purchased "Fellowship of the Ring" and planned on reading it at some point. I'm hoping reading the books can help me overcome my initial impression of the LOTR universe. Coincidentally, that's the group read for July! I never thought I'd say this about Lord of the Rings, but I'm looking forward to reading it!

message 7: by Erica (last edited Jun 29, 2016 08:24AM) (new) - added it

Erica (willowheart8136) | 1 comments I have never participated in reading anything from this group since I joined, because I was always in the middle of other books. I'm quite excited to read this one with you all! It's been on my list for a long time so I thought I might as well read it for July since I'm almost done the book I'm currently reading.

Anna Glebova (annaglebova) | 1165 comments Finally! A group read I've never read before! A group read I'm actually interested in! Hurray!!!

I've had The Lord of the Rings on my TBR for several years, but never got around to reading it. So, I'm really excited!

I think I'm going to marathon the whole series, including The Hobbit, in July.

Taylor C | 454 comments I've been watching my library like a hawk! And the one day I don't check it, the last two copies were borrowed! However, the first reader out of the 7 books finished, so I have a copy as of this morning. :) I might have to start early since I can only borrow the book for 21 days lol.

message 10: by Kara, TBR Twins (new) - added it

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments I haven't read this since high school...I may need to reread it!

Ariel  (lamot_amant) | 728 comments I've been hoping to get to this for ages! Happy to join in on the discussion once I nab a copy from the library in the next couple days.

Jamie (jamieu) | 57 comments I'm excited - I'm going to read the whole trilogy in July!

Asiuol K I've read the series before, but stopped somewhere passed Helms Deep. I'm looking forward to re-reading it.

MysticMoods | 104 comments Yaaaaay! I've read LotR several times but I'm glad for an excuse to read it again! :)

Rebecca Monson (becci95) Read the hobbit in April and have been now reading the fellowship of the ring

message 16: by Erika (new)

Erika | 83 comments I've had this book on my list to read since the first film came out. would like to join!

Lindsay | 1327 comments I'm so glad I finally read this. The only trouble us that I think I need to read the others now and I have no idea where I will find the time!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.