Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta/critique swap for lesbian sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T (new)

T | 19 comments I'm currently finishing up a science fiction/slipstream novel and would love to to find a beta/critique partner to swap a few couple chapters at a time. Am open in terms of genre, e.g. literary fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, drama, romance, suspense, and prefer stories with LGBT characters/romances.

Part I is 18 chapters at around 2.5k words each, and the first few chapters have gone through alpha reading and edits, I am continuing to polish the rest of them as I am writing the ending of the novel, The story has diverse characters and is a tale of misfits, families, the everyday, and revolution.

The protagonist, Anne, is a troubled woman from suburban Montana who wakes up six feet underground in a wooden box with a hole in her head. Broken free from underneath, she becomes an indentured laborer in an underground village of the dead. As she tries to uncover the mysteries of the underground world, the crop she and the others are forced to harvest, and the enigmatic creature that is their god, she finds herself drawn to the group's charismatic leader. All the while, the world she left behind is unravelling up above, and eventually her past comes down beneath the dirt to haunt her.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you are interested. :)

T

message 2: by Nada (new)

Nada | 30 comments Hi Taylor, I messaged you,

Nada