Fantastical and Mythical Creatures discussion

Common Grounds > ClearSky Obstacle Course

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily swung around and ducked and dodged around the obstacle course, tucking her wings tightly behind her back so she didn't accedentally hit them on one of the obstacles. She landed gracefully at the end and grinned as she panted. She was excited that she'd gotten to try out the new course first.

message 3: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments I swoop overhead, my wings making the shadows seem light. I see the wild animal, and kill it then and there. I feast on its flesh, and catch scent of... Fairies.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily heard a crashing and whooshing noise, but just figured is was one of the larger eagles or Griffins. She ran the course again, trying to beat her time for her last run. She barely beat it by one second. She panted and went and sat down on an observation bench to rest.

message 5: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments I listen. Panting. I get up, and stalk to the source of the sound. I look through the tree branches, and see a fairy doing an obstacle course. I frown, and continue to feed.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily looked into the forest and frowned a little. She stood up and slowly fluttered over to the slight noises. "Hello?" she called softly.

message 7: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments I hear a voice, high and rather annoying. I get up, and glare through the trees. It's the fairy from earlier. I ignore it, and swallow the corpse whole.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily moved closer and squinted. She could make out a large figure that was pure black. "Well hello to you too," she said sarcastically. She crossed her arms.

message 9: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments I snarl. That's usually enough to scare off most things, and fairies aren't exactly known for their bravery. I rear up, and expand my wings out behind me. In short, think large winged lizard the size of two double decker buses with glowing eyes growling so deeply and terrifyingly that the earth itself trembled.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily's eyes widened. "Well then... I'm assuming you're a loner? I've never seen you before in the other Tribes and you're certainly not in mine."

message 11: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments Fairies never have a sense of privacy. I flap my wings a few times to knock the fairy back, and tear a few trees out of the way.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "Um. Excuse you!" Lily flew up into the air. "Can you not talk? Or are you just rude?"

message 13: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments Just... I just.... I give up! Fairies are usually oblivious to acts which show a lack of willing to interact but this... this is the top of it all! I turn away, and stalk off, hoping that it doesn't follow.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Unfortunately, Lily did follow. "Hellooooo! Don't ignore me!" She frowned. Maybe it was just a normal dragon. There was such thing as just a normal animal dragon. "If I told you I was the Cliff Tribe queen would you stop ignoring me?"

message 15: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments Queen or no queen, this is really winding me up. I decide to take the sly approach. "The queen of cliff tribe, you say? Well, I am very sorry, your majesty. I didn't recognise you."

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily heard a small undertone of sarcasm, so she decided she wouldn't get all high and mighty just yet. "Everyone makes mistakes," she replied casually. "Now, since I know you can answer me, can you confirm that you're a loner? Or have you just recently joined one of the other tribes?"

message 17: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments No point telling the truth now is there? "I have just joined waterfall tribe. Very good view."

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "That's funny. Your camp is behind a waterfall so I didn't expect there to be much of a view," Lily said, suspecting he was lying. Dragons often did that, even when they weren't loners or rouges, which she guessed this dragon was one of.

message 19: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Well I meant of the waterfall. Sometimes it shimmers, and looks almost like a rainbow."

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "Oh. Yes, the waterfall is very pretty." Lily smiled, still suspicious.

message 21: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Yes... anyway, what are you doing here, your majesty?"

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "I was just seeing if the new obstacle course was sturdy and safe. As leader of one of the stronger Tribes, no offense, it's my job to make sure it's sufficient."

message 23: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Indeed... goodbye then."

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "Hm. What are you doing here?" Lily asked, ignoring his good bye.

message 25: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Hunting."

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "That's good. What have you caught for your tribe so far?" Lily probed.

message 27: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Nothing, as of yet." Good thing I swallowed the animal.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) "There aren't many animals around this area. The construction scared them all off. It'll be about a week before they find their way back to this area," Lily told him.

message 29: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments "Ah. Thanks. Well, I must be off, if I am to find the animals. Farewell." I turn. This fairy doesn't look too convinced, so I'd better get away before she realises that I was lying.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily frowned a little. She knew for sure that he was lying. He was acting way to shifty and dodgy not to be. "What are you really? I'm sure the waterfall tribe would have told me if she had new members. We do share a border after all."

message 31: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments Pesky fairies. I ignore it, and fly upwards, looking for somewhere to get away.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily flew up after him. "Don't ignore me! Whether or not you're a loner I'm still royalty and you need to treat me with at least a little respect."

message 33: by Brutus (new)

Brutus | 22 comments I beat my wings harder. For such a small creature, I can't help but admire her determination. Or at least I would, if it weren't for the fact that she's a fairy.

Emily ~Autumn, Winter~ (isabeefexer) Lily zipped up in front of the dragon. "What's your name?"