Stephen King Fans discussion

Sleeping Beauties
This topic is about Sleeping Beauties
Talk about the Novels > Sleeping Beauties

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaro (last edited Jun 15, 2016 05:42AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jaro (aplaceofmarvels) | 44 comments During the End of Watch book tour King has mentioned what might be his next book: Sleeping Beauties, co-authored with Owen King and set in a women's prison in West Virginia, is reportedly finished in its first draft and will probably be released sometime in 2017. So I guess no November book this year.

message 2: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1095 comments Mod
That sounds pretty awesome.

Oh, and there is an October book this year: Hearts in Suspension. It's to be a collection of non fiction essays.

message 3: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Murray I read this from the SKMB posted by his personal assistant..........."The only other book that will be coming out this year will be the non-fiction one about his time at the University of Maine which is an anthology of essays by Stephen and various people who were there with him at the time."

message 4: by Jaro (last edited Jun 15, 2016 01:06PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Jaro (aplaceofmarvels) | 44 comments In Iowa King also said that he has the first draft of another book finished, one that is scaring him to death apparently. Sounds promising.

Kandice | 3915 comments I tried to read Double Feature by Owen King and really disliked it. I wonder if this is King's way of helping out his kid. You know people will read this upcoming book because of Stephen and if they like it, they'll look for Owen's other work.

Erin (ems84) | 2068 comments Sounds good, I haven't read anything by Owen King.

message 7: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

I liked Double Feature quite well, but it did take me a long time to really get into it.

Kandice | 3915 comments Chris wrote: "I liked Double Feature quite well, but it did take me a long time to really get into it."

I didn't finish. Maybe I need to try again before this one comes out.

message 9: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Kandice, you might try We're All in This Together: A Novella and Stories. They're short stories, and were easier to enjoy.

Kandice | 3915 comments Chris wrote: "Kandice, you might try We're All in This Together: A Novella and Stories. They're short stories, and were easier to enjoy."

I just ordered it.

message 11: by Trinity (new)

Trinity | 8 comments Is there a release date?

Sidney Prescott (horrorbound) Trinity wrote: "Is there a release date?"
His website says: Projected Release Date: October 1st, 2017

message 13: by Rob (new)

Rob Galvan | 1 comments Just finished reading "Sleeping Beauties".

* Spoiler alert*

The book started out good but (IMHO) got progressively worse. By the end of the book, it became a mantra at how terrible all men (pretty much emphasizing ALL men) and how all women (never a mention of any woman being "bad" unless is was because of a man ) are good.

Very, very disappointed in the book, and I've read 7/8 of all SK books.

message 14: by Grant (new)

Grant Shamblin | 6 comments How does Sleeping Beauties compare to the other works

Kandice | 3915 comments Grant wrote: "How does Sleeping Beauties compare to the other works"

This is just my humble opinion, but the Stephen part of the book is great. The world building and suspense. The Owen part of the book seemed to have been the message and I felt beat over the head with that. It hurt me to do it, but I only gave it 3 stars.