The Booklanders discussion

Our Third Book...s?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (Bookworm Boutique) (bookwormboutique) | 95 comments Mod
Hey everyone,

I know we haven't done this before but I've decided that since The Raven Boys and Flawed were so close (only 4 votes apart) that we should consider both books our third book just so it's fair, it's not as though we really had an entirely clear winner.

I also know that The Raven Boys will be a re-read for quite a few people, so this way they can also read Flawed and still get the chance to discuss a new read with the club.

In saying that *you are NOT expected to read BOTH books* you're welcome to pick one or the other. I'll be making a quiz on both, but as you know, I make the quizzes so hard that everyone is in with a chance, so even if you only read one that's fine too, you'll still be able to do the quiz.

If you do want to read both (I will be doing that) that's great! But again, there's absolutely no pressure to do so.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the lady I organise our meeting dates with, but I'm pretty sure our next one will be July 30th and will have a slight HP theme since we'll be less than 24 hours away from the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! - More on that will be in our event on Facebook or here on Goodreads.

Hope you guys will be happy with the decision I've made, I'm super excited for our next meeting!

- Lauren c:

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 12 comments I like the idea, because it means if you've already read the Raven boys or you don't really want to there is still another book we can read and discuss :)

message 3: by Ishmeen (new)

Ishmeen | 20 comments Yay!! I was hoping you'd pick both books haha

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (Bookworm Boutique) (bookwormboutique) | 95 comments Mod
Ishmeen wrote: "Yay!! I was hoping you'd pick both books haha "

Kathryn wrote: "I like the idea, because it means if you've already read the Raven boys or you don't really want to there is still another book we can read and discuss :)"

I'm glad you're happy with the idea c: