Play Book Tag discussion

A Cold Day For Murder (Kate Shugak, #1)
This topic is about A Cold Day For Murder
Archive: Other Books > A Cold Day for Murder by Dana Stabenow - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2137 comments Kate Shugak, an Aleut who left her village to become an investigator in Anchorage, has returned home after a vicious attack by a criminal who nearly took Kate's life. She has become a near recluse living alone with only her dog, Mutt, for company. She is reluctantly drawn back into police work when her former boss, Jack, asks her to help him find a young park ranger who has been missing for nearly 6 weeks in the frozen wilderness. Another investigator had been sent to look for the ranger but now he too has gone missing. Kate does not want to be involved but Jack covinces her that no one knows the area as well as Kate does. She and Jack follow the trail of the two missing men but a killer is always just a few steps behind.

This is the first in the Kate Shugak series and I do think I will be reading more of them. I like Kate's character, although she has quite a hard edge to her. The setting is interesting as are the people in Kate's small village. It was a quick easy read and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

message 2: by annapi (new) - added it

annapi | 4980 comments They get better, and Kate develops as a character quite extensively as the series progresses. It gets darker too in some books. This is an excellent series, one of my favorites. I love Mutt!

Ellen | 2137 comments Thanks, Anna, that's good to know. Of course the last thing I need is another series to get involved in but I did enjoy this first installment.