The YA and Middle Grade Fiction Group discussion

Author Hotline! > AGENT ALERT: Any Good Agents to Recommend?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Reynolds | 214 comments Mod
Hi guys! I'm trying to find some possible agents to submit my new manuscript to. It is an MG fictional story featuring a boy with autism and his family's misadventures on their summer vacation to Hawaii. I would really appreciate it if you would comment down below some suggestions :)

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 187 comments I just wanted to tell you that your book sounds great; if you get it published, I'd love to read it.

I'm afraid I can't help with agents though, since I self-publish.

message 3: by Madeline (new)

Victoria wrote: "I just wanted to tell you that your book sounds great; if you get it published, I'd love to read it.

I'm afraid I can't help with agents though, since I self-publish."

Thanks Victoria :)

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen Garrett | 100 comments check out http://literary-agents.com/ a searchable database based on age category and genre.

Also mswishlist.com for what agents are looking for.

If you're on Facebook, SubitClub has a great group where you can ask about specific agents.

All that said, here are a few agencies to start with: The Bent Agency, Writer's House, jdlit.

I'm assuming you've already had several critique partners or a critique group help you polish it up, but if you don't I'd recommend doing that first. They can help you with the query, too!

message 5: by Madeline (new)

Jen wrote: "check out http://literary-agents.com/ a searchable database based on age category and genre.

Also mswishlist.com for what agents are looking for.

If you're on Facebook, SubitClub has a great grou..."

Thanks Jen! I have had some people read the novel, so that part is done. I will definitely check out those links though :)

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen Garrett | 100 comments Madeline wrote: "Thanks Jen! I have had some people read the novel, so that part is done. I will definitely check out those links though :)"

Good! You're doing it right then. So many simply jump to the submission part.

Also, check out scbwi.org. Even if you don't join (but I highly recommend you do), there are some great resources, and you might be able to go to some of the events in your chapter. SCBWI members get noticed more.