What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl age 18. Book with gangs. Girls brother dies. Not "Outsiders."

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simi (new)

Simi | 1 comments so my sister recommended me this book but she doesn't know the title and she told me as much as she can without spoiling it. So there is a girl with a alcoholic mother and she has a younger and older brother. the older brother was in a gang but he died. the gang wants to help her but another gang in the city wants to kill her or something cause her brother was the main leader i think. it sounds interesting and I really want to know What the title is. it you find it thank you so much.

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Maybe Durango Street by Frank Bonham? The main character Rufus, was trying to leave gang life when he got out of juvenile detention, but was pulled back in when a gang started threatening his sister Anna.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Duplicate post deleted. Please only post your query once, and bookmark it so you don't lose track of it.

Also, please no ALL CAPS headers! I changed your header to your previous header.

When did your sister read this? Series or standalone? Author male or female? Remember the cover? When and where is it set?

☆Joycedale☆ | 225 comments Curious why it can't be all caps?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

It's just too shouty.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Duplicate post deleted. Please only post your query once, and bookmark it so you don't lose track of it.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Harsimran, is this book for young adults/teens or older adults?

Is there any romance in the story?

Is the location a large, well-known U.S. city?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Harsimran, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments Still looking for this one?