10ENGB2 2014 discussion

hits and misses...best and/or worst (and why)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha Itzcovitz | 4 comments Mod
Hits and misses.. best and/or worst book you've ever read and why

message 2: by Jack (last edited May 12, 2014 05:58PM) (new)

Jack Hall | 3 comments The worst book I ever had to read was a fantasy about a group of animal warriors in year 5.

message 3: by Jak (new)

Jak Sherlock | 2 comments Best - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
It was very entertaining and was intense almost the whole way through

Worst - The Pearl
It was incredibly boring and not entertaining.

message 4: by Olly (new)

Olly | 1 comments E

message 5: by Dark Lord (new)

Dark Lord Voldermort | 1 comments I don't have a worst book because if I don't like a book I am reading I stop reading it... I don't continue to torture myself through it.
I don't have a best book either because I don't really read much anymore for personal reasons. I don't see that changing either.

message 6: by Oscar (new)

Oscar O'farrell | 1 comments The worst book I have ever read was The Pearl. I didn't enjoy reading this book because it dragged on and didn't go anywhere until half way though the book.

The best books I have read were The Lord of the Rings trilogy because they were excellently written and I really enjoyed the content of the books.

message 7: by Sean (new)

Sean Darwell | 2 comments The best book I have read is the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, because It had some good twists in the book and it was a different style of book. The worst book I have ever read was The Pearl as it was tedious and a different style that was harder to read.

message 8: by Jeremy (last edited May 12, 2014 06:08PM) (new)

Jeremy | 4 comments Best Book: 'Book Thief'
Emotional and touches on the topic of Nazi Germany lightly, but enough to understand the brutalities of World War II.

Worst Book: 'As I Lay Dying'
Many consider it as a classic but I couldn't understand a single sentence. The old American speech styles ruins the atmosphere it attempts to recreate.

message 9: by Paul (new)

Paul Harkin | 3 comments Mod
The worst novel I was ever asked to read was Thomas Pynchon's 'The Crying of Lot 49'. It is a post modern novel with a chaotic structure that makes little sense. It is entirely pretentious.

My favourite novel is 'Cannery Row' by John Steinbeck. Because it gives a great insight into the humanity of the underclass.

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Gillon | 2 comments Best- the five people you meet in heaven and fight club.

message 11: by Nick (new)

Nick Hrdina | 1 comments I great book I've read is 'Everyday' by David Levithan. I enjoyed this book because it had a very different plot. It kept me interested because everyday the main character is someone different. It was a very good book and I highly recommend it.
The worst book I've read is charlottes web.

message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 3 comments Best- Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly as it had the right mix of drama and suspense

Worst- The Pearl as it was a boring and very dry.

message 13: by James (new)

James Daher | 4 comments The best book I have read is Matthew Riley, Ice Station. This book was interesting and very enjoyable. The worst book I have read is The Pearl by John Steinbeck. This book did not have much tension and I found it not enjoyable.

message 14: by Chris (new)

Chris Abi-hanna | 2 comments The best book I have ever read was the Harry potter series. After picking up the first book I found myself unable to stop.
My least favorite was the pearl

message 15: by Lachlan (new)

Lachlan Riches | 2 comments The best book I've ever read is Chris D'Lacy's Fire Star. It was very creative and a great read for someone our age, I would highly recommend it.
The worst book I've ever read is The Pearl by John Steinbeck. I found it not very interesting and never really got my interest.

message 16: by Oliver (new)

Oliver | 1 comments The best book I have read was everyday by David levittham, I enjoyed reading this book because it had a very interesting story line and I found it was very well written.
The worst book I have ever read was the pearl, it had a very boring story line and didn't intregue me at all.

message 17: by Nick K (new)

Nick K (kornich) | 2 comments The worst book I read is The Merchant of Venice due to tedious nature, the fact I was forced to do it for school, and its old English words which made it difficult to read. The best is The Fault in Our Stars, due to it's blend of comedy and tragedy.

message 18: by Conor (new)

Conor Jordan | 3 comments The best book I ever read was 'Ship of Theseus' because it was done very well and the style of it was different to anything I had read before. The author put in notes made out by characters within the book to add an extra layer to the story. The worst book I ever read was operation red Jericho

message 19: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Guo | 2 comments The worst book a the pearl because it was not appealing and we were forced to read it. It was boring and One of the most appealing books i have read is six impossible things. It was a good book because you can relate it to your own experiences. The main character who was roughly our age growing up and dealing with the situations a teenager finds himself in.

message 20: by Jack (new)

Jack Clarke | 2 comments Good book: blood song
It has a complex and back story for the action to take place in.

Bad book: the giver
The story seemed un realistic and became boring and repeditive

message 21: by Obdani (new)

Obdani | 1 comments My favourite book is the spooks apprentice series they are a good read

My worst is Parvana's journey it bored me and didn't really stand out to me

message 22: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Kewin | 2 comments The worst book I have ever read was 'Mockingjay', the third book in the hunger games trilogy. The plot had very weak relevance to the hunger games, the characters were weak and shallow and some were killed before they had time to improve.

The best book I've ever read was 'A Game of Thrones'. The story is detailed, intricate, well thought and often very intense. All the given characters are totally unique and are all well thought out creating many interesting views throughout the story

message 23: by Paul (new)

Paul Harkin | 3 comments Mod
I have just finished 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy. It is very dark, at times disturbing, but brilliant.