Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Fairytale Retelling

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Leder | 11 comments I am polishing my most recent draft of my YA fairytale retelling. I am seeking someone(s) who is willing to read the 85,000 word novel (of course, I respect your time and do not expect you to have it all done overnight.) This person should also be able to tell me about plot and believability. Also, if you have a good eye for grammar and sentence structure, I will love you 100% more!
Here is a synopsis:

Briar Rose, known famously as the Sleeping Beauty, knows that there is no such thing as happily-ever-afters. She hides the truth from her people that true love's kiss never really woke her from her sleep. So when an anonymous letter hints that Rose's power-obsessed prince is being held captive in a neighboring kingdom he tried to conquer, she is the only one who thinks that the message is more than a hoax. Unexpectedly coupled with Odette, the black sheep of the stable hands, and Ella, a servant girl impossibly indebted to her stepfamily, Rose determines she must lose her tiara to go on the journey to save her prince although he had never saved her.

If you are interested, I can be contacted through private message, through this chain or through email: alwritesbooks@gmail.com

ReadWriteLove28 | 164 comments Hello! Your manuscript sounds interesting and I'd be happy to discuss beta reading for you.

I do charge a nominal fee for my beta reading, and would be happy to discuss it more thoroughly if you're interested.

I currently have spots open for July & August.

You can check out a list of testimonials from previous clients here:
http://readwritelove28.com/testimonials/

If interested, you can contact me through my website. I look forward to hearing from you!

Nori

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 125 comments Hey, Alexis.
Are you interested in a swap?
I have a 73,000-word adult fantasy. It does have some mature scenes.
You can send me an email if interested :)
daniellemathison07@gmail.com
Thanks!