Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2016 Plans > Davin's 2016 Plan

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 977 comments Hi Davin! I was looking through your plan, and saying to myself, what a great (and ambitious) choice, I am going to borrow some of your ideas. And at the end, I saw it was inspired by my plan. Thank you! I have to say, you did a lot better than me. And yours is more complete than mine is at the moment. I have a list for all the blank prompts, which I choose from as I go along, as I was a latecomer too, and didn't have months to contemplate my plan.

message 2: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3821 comments Mod
Hi Davin! Welcome to the group :)

You have a lot of great choices on your plan. I loved Me Before You, The Martian, and Ready Player One. Station Eleven and Fight Club have been on my list for quite some time. Hopefully I'll get to them before too long.

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3489 comments You've got some great books on here! I'm currently reading The Name of the Wind and really enjoying it - hopefully you will too. :) A Sound of Thunder is fantastic too - I read it earlier this year.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 977 comments Davin wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hi Davin! I was looking through your plan, and saying to myself, what a great (and ambitious) choice, I am going to borrow some of your ideas. And at the end, I saw it was inspired by ..."

I loved The Bridge of San Luis Rey, One Hundred Years of Solitude and The Alchemist, I read them years ago (I've also reread them and they were still great), and they are favourites of mine. A book that made my favourites list this year is Me Before You.