Florida History discussion

The Rutland Mule Matter
This topic is about The Rutland Mule Matter
Central Floridian erased from history

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Richard Cronin (goodreadscomrickcronin) | 27 comments Mod
While researching Florida history I came across a fascinating mystery. Early records mentioned two individuals from Orange County who had voted NO at Florida's Secession Convention, but local history only identified one of the two men. William W. Woodruff was mentioned in numerous records, Isaac N. Rutland, it appeared, had been erased from all Central Florida records. Not until I happened upon on 1860s file folder, one labeled, 'The Rutland Mule Matter', did I discover why.

Richard Cronin (goodreadscomrickcronin) | 27 comments Mod
Seven Honorable Floridians is an EBook revealing the Seven delegates to Florida's Secession Convention that had been lost in Florida history. Meant to compliment The Rutland Mule Matter, both books now celebrate the latest 'OFFICIAL' Roster of Florida Lawmakers 1822 to 2017.
Revised and updated every two years by Florida's House of Representatives, the 2017 edition, for the first time, includes Isaac N. Rutland, the 1861 delegate who then went missing during America's Civil War. Special thanks to the House of Representatives for Righting Florida History!