Hamilton Fans Unite! discussion

Writing > Candles and Wings

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18), Will they tell my story? (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 257 comments Mod
This is an alternate version of the Grisha trilogy where Natasha Rostova is Alina and Anatole is the Darkling. Much allusion to Hamilton.

Ships
Natasha/Sonya (Alina/Mal)
Natasha/Andrey (Alina/Nikolai)
Natasha/Anatole (Alina/The Darkling)

message 2: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18), Will they tell my story? (new)

The Girl turned to the other girl. "You still have the orphanage, you don't need to go with me."

The other girl shook her head. "I will go wherever you go. I have no one else."

The Girl came from a small near the orphanage where the Other Girl had grown up. Some would say the Other Girl knew the Girl better than the Boy did, but that was another story. Now, they were grown. And their options were limited.

The Girl approached the recruiting officer and handed him their papers.
The man nodded. "Natalya and Sofia, eh?"
They nodded.
"Well, your lives are about to change."

message 3: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18), Will they tell my story? (last edited Jun 14, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

They crossed into the Shadow Fold in the Early hours of morning. They had defenses up, but if the Eighteenth Regiment of Ravka’s first army encountered any real monsters, they’d be flying a lot of flags half mast*.

Natalya, or Natasha as she preferred, had enlisted in the First Army several weeks before with her two and only friends, Sofia “Sonya.”

“I hear the volcra coming!” called another private, referring to the winged monsters who inhabited the Shadow Fold. Their screams were unmistakable, even mixed in with those of the soldiers in her battalion. Volcra never entered and they never walked: they simply tore through everything in a flash of speed and darkness no man seemed capable of emulating and, right before her eyes, a small one latched onto Sonya.

"Stay alive*!" Natasha screamed over the cries of men and monsters. She ran towards her fallen friend, but it was no use. One had landed on her. She squirmed away from it, but only to run into another.

Natasha screamed, feeling there was nothing left to do when, all of a sudden, a blinding beam of light surrounded her. Nothing else seemed visible, not even the monsters, whose screams faded into the distance just as the world went black.

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva | 3 comments Woah did you write this???