Contemporary YA discussion

Free Kindle Books > June Free Kindle Boooks

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Jun 14, 2016 10:51AM) (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

This thread is for posting Free Contemporary YA Kindle Books that are free in June 2016.

Feel free to add any Free Contemporary YA Kindle Books for the month of June.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

These 3 are not Contemporary YA....so I'm breaking the rules for this thread.

Each books is the first in a series that I have enjoyed and recommend for anyone who likes YA paranormal.

If you read any of these, let me know what you think.

Relentless (Relentless, #1) by Karen Lynch
https://www.amazon.com/Relentless-Boo...

Crystal Magic (Clearwater Witches #1) by Madeline Freeman
https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Magic-...

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by Rachel Morgan
https://www.amazon.com/Faerie-Guardia...

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Free Contemporary YA Kindle Books:

1. In Between (Katie Parker Productions #1) by Jenny B. Jones

In Between (Katie Parker Productions, #1) by Jenny B. Jones

Unlike most kids, teenage Katie Parker never got a fair shot at a normal life. With a mother in jail and a missing-in-action dad, she's never known what it's like to truly be loved. Low on options and family members, she's soon shipped off to a foster home. Now in an unfamiliar town, Katie's rebellious attitude is at odds with her new family, school, and classmates. And after falling in with all the wrong people at school, things go from bad to really bad after she takes the blame for vandalizing the local performing arts theater.

But in the midst of a dark situation, Katie finds light in the most unexpected places: through her new friendship with an eccentric senior, the commitment of her foster family, and a tragic secret that changed them forever. And as she inches closer to acceptance and forgiveness, she finds that God has been there all along.

2. Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing #1)
by Milda Harris

Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing, #1) by Milda Harris

Kait Lenox has a reputation as the weird girl in her high school, mostly because of her ex-best friend turned mean popular girl, Ariel, but maybe it has a little to do with the fact that Kait has a hobby crashing funerals. At one of these, Kait is outted by the most popular guy in school, Ethan Ripley. Yet, instead of humiliating her for all the world to see, he asks for her help, and Kait finds herself entangled in a murder mystery. Not only is the thrill of the mystery exciting, but more importantly Ethan knows her name! A little sleuthing is well worth that!

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Free Contemporary YA Kindle Books:

1. Dolphin Girl by Shel Delisle
Dolphin Girl

Jane Wants The Life Of A Dolphin.
Wild. Graceful. Free.

But these days her life is nothing like that. Between her mother’s strict rules and the cliques at school, she feels strapped in a child-sized life vest. It’s not until Jane gets a tattoo and befriends popular Sam Rojas, a star on the school’s swim team, that her life feels freer. She begins to wonder: Is there a way to be myself and not be alone?

While she navigates these murky waters, a wave of events crash down on her, separating her from her family, her best friend Lexie and Sam, who Jane's fallen fin over tail for. Now she must figure out how to surf through rough seas without having everything she cares about pulled under.

DOLPHIN GIRL, author Shel Delisle’s first novel, is a story of family, friendship, first loves and most importantly – freedom.

https://www.amazon.com/Dolphin-Girl-S...

2. The Carlswick Affair (The Carlswick Mysteries, #1) by S.L. Beaumont
The Carlswick Affair (The Carlswick Mysteries Book 1)

Who do you trust when everyone around you has secrets?

Stephanie Cooper's fateful meeting with James Knox, guitarist for indie band The Fury, in Carlswick village sets off an unforeseen chain of events.

A family feud dating back to World War II threatens to keep them apart, but however great the danger, Stephanie knows she must uncover the secrets that lie beneath the ancient roof of Knox Manor.

https://www.amazon.com/Carlswick-Affa...

3. Without You Book 1 in the Changing Hearts Series by Yesenia Vargas

Without You: Book 1 in the Changing Hearts Series (The Changing Hearts Series #1)
by Yesenia Vargas

***Get Better Off, the prequel to the Changing Hearts series, for FREE when you sign up for my exclusive book updates at yeseniavargas.com (just copy and paste into your browser)*** Ariana can't wait for life after high school... Ariana is ready to finally graduate and get a new start at the University of Georgia. But she never expects to meet someone as perfect as Lucas at the beginning of senior year. But she doesn't realize how much she might be leaving behind. Lucas is everything Ariana could have ever wanted in a guy, but he can't be a part of Ariana's new start, not when his family needs him at home. Or that her dreams might be out of reach anyway... To make matters worse, Ariana's not sure she can afford to go to UGA herself. Or if she'll be able to get in. Ariana will have to choose... Because she knows she can't have it all. Ariana quickly realizes Lucas's ex would love to see her gone, but she's ready to fight for what they have. But at what price? Will she have to live with the regret of giving up on her dream school? Or will she sacrifice the guy that's captured her heart? Please note: this book is intended for readers aged 14+ due to some cursing/sexual situations.

https://www.amazon.com/Without-You-Ch...

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Free Classics - classics are available for free when the copyright expires. There are many more to choose from.

Summer is a great time to catch up on the classics.

1. Pride and Prejudice

2. Little Women

3. The Phantom of the Opera

message 9: by Andrea (new)

By Invitation Only (Gilt #1) by Geneva Lee
In a world with too much money and not enough rules, anything goes. Welcome to Belle Mère, the most exclusive zip code outside the Las Vegas Strip. It's every sinner's fantasy and every good parent's worst nightmare.

Emma Southerly doesn't belong at Belle Mère Prep despite her new stepfather's money. Not after she shunned her invite to the popular table, and especially not after what happened last summer. So when her best friend begs her to crash an invite-only, end of the year party, she should say no with a capitol H-E-L-L.

It's just a party. What could go wrong?
Getting kicked out to start. Running into the man who destroyed your family.
Everything.

Until she meets Jamie, who's also hiding from the in-crowd. After spending the night with the cute stranger, Emma barely makes it home before news hits Belle Mère's brunch tables. A body's been found on the West estate, and Jamie is the number one suspect. But he couldn't have done it…right?

Emma isn't sure she can trust him or the rest of Belle Mère. After all, no one is safe when everyone is a liar.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Ki...

message 10: by Natália (new)

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
Yayy, free books! Lots of them picked my interest and I ended up getting some of them. I especially loved that lots of classic books are available as well!

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Natália wrote: "Yayy, free books! Lots of them picked my interest and I ended up getting some of them. I especially loved that lots of classic books are available as well!"

Awesome! I hope you enjoy them.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for posting these free kindle books!! I'm new to ebooks and had no idea there were some available for free or how to find them.

I just finished reading Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing #1) by Milda Harris. I really enjoyed it. I joined this group because I am trying to read more contemporary ya and less paranormal. This book was a perfect start.

I'm also new to Goodreads. I have so much to learn. Thank you again.

message 13: by Andrea (last edited Jun 26, 2016 07:08PM) (new)

Molly wrote: "Thank you for posting these free kindle books!! I'm new to ebooks and had no idea there were some available for free or how to find them.

I just finished reading Adventures in Funeral Crashing (F..."

That's great! I'm so glad to hear it. I hope you find many more. I posted a how to use Goodreads guide for you in your introduction post. I hope it will help. You might also get my replies via email depending on your settings. You can change your email setting to once daily for any group you join.

message 14: by Andrea (new)

The Wildest Blue by Amy Napier

FREE DEAL EXPIRES ON JUNE 29

Falling in love was never part of the plan…
Eva Browning is a traveler who wants to see the world and find out who she is and what she wants out of life. Feeling lost and aimless after graduating high school, Eva decides to go on a solo trip across America in a vintage recreational trailer gifted to her by her father.

Once the shy girl, Eva finds a new woman hiding inside herself as her travels take her to different places where she has many new experiences and meets new people who give her a bigger perspective on life and love. Including an unexpected man who enters her trailer and her heart. Will Eva leave her dreams and plans behind for love?

In this new young adult series, Eva travels from one side of the country to the other with several revelations and detours along the way. In all of her many plans, falling in love was not one of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildest-Blue-A...

message 15: by Andrea (new)

This is almost free and it is not contemp YA, but...it's one of my favorite hidden gems that I discovered last year and it's on sale! It's available on Amazon US and UK.

Aurora Sky Vampire Hunter Box Set (Books 1-3 + Novella) by Nikki Jefford
There is a super sale going on for the Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter Box Set (Books 1-3 + Noel’s novella). Normally all four titles go for $8.99. That price is now only $0.99 until mid-July. These books have NEVER been offered at this killer price before!

https://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Sky-Vam...