What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > True story of Pretty Woman

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wahlberg | 4 comments Recently there was a giveaway for a womans story, she said she told someone her life story and they turned it into the move Pretty Woman. Obviously I didnt win the giveaway but still want to see the book, thanks for any help!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
You can see all the giveaways you entered via the link:

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/hi...

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wahlberg | 4 comments Thats a great link, thanks. Unfortunately its not on there (and its only showing 18 which I KNOW I have entered more than 18 giveaways. :-( Super strange. And I am not finding 'page 2' or anything to see if there is more on there....or for some reason my entry got lost. Dang! This is so frustrating lol!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wahlberg | 4 comments I feel foolish (new to this message board stuff) but I cant find my post anywhere, I had to go find the email showing Lobstergirls suggestion, is that normal? I even did a page search for the keyword and nothing. Still hoping to find the title or author of this book as google searches bring up just the movie stuff... Anyone have any info?

message 5: by Greg (new)

Greg Tatum | 28 comments I did a quick search and the only thing I found was an article about author Arlene Hunt that says her life closely resembles the Pretty Woman Story, but I don't think she is claiming her life story was taken to make the movie.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/a...

She is promoting the book Vicious Circle in the article. Probably not what you are looking for, but I thought I would throw it out there.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wahlberg | 4 comments Thanks, and the one I saw (and swear I tried to win in a giveaway) stated the author had told her life story to someone and he took liberties and made the movie (changing enough so that its not 'actually' her story- in the ways of 'Rock Star' being the story of Ripper Owens). I feel like I imagined it lol

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

If it's not showing all the giveaways you entered, you should post that under "bugs" in the Feedback Group. Maybe they can figure out how to display all your entries, and that way it will show up.

You can also search by tag. The tag memoir is:

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/ta...

Then you can click on the tabs:

Ending Soon
Most Requested
Popular Authors
Recently Listed

I don't know how you get every single memoir giveaway to show, but that would be something to ask in Feedback Group too.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lisa, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vicious Circle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Arlene Hunt (other topics)