Bodice Ripper Readers Anonymous discussion

Bodice Ripper Lost & Found > Heroine gets a nipple ring

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments I'm trying to figure out the title of this book...

Yes, I know by today's standards pierced nipples are not in more recent HR books.

I read this book either in the late 70s when I was a teenager or early 80s. Due to what was going on in my life, by 85, I'm fairly certain that I definitely did not read this past 1985.

Here's what I remember:

Heroine winds up somewhere like Turkey or Constantinople and is a concubine or in a harem of some powerful dude with a name like " Tahir EL Bayadim" (not the hero). Heroine becomes his favorite and I think he falls in love with her. He starts to prefer her above his other women.

At one point Turkish? guy is displaying the heroine to some other people (showing off). Heroine is either nude on display or topless. When her breasts are bared to these onlookers, they all gasp because one or both nipples are pierced. The reader also doesn't know that she's been pierced until Turkish guy displays her.

I think the heroine may have had violet eyes (such a common color in HR!) and may have been a brunette. If I'm wrong about her hair color, I really think her eyes were violet.

I recall absolutely nothing about the hero.

message 2: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 170 comments Sounds like something by Bertrice Small.

message 3: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tricialen) | 4 comments I read a Susan Johnson book in the 80's where the H has the h nipples pierced... it takes place in Turkey... but I can't remember the name of it. I will look for it.

message 4: by JennyG (last edited Jun 22, 2016 05:27AM) (new)

message 5: by Gloria (new)

Gloria | 12 comments I was just going to suggest a Bertrice Small book, but I see JennyG beat me to it! Small wrote about exotic things like this, however - was it historically accurate? Women's nipple piercings in (I assume) the 1700's? 1800's? I don't know....... Anyone out there know?

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia (tricialen) | 4 comments JennyG wrote: "Love Storm (Russian series/Kuzan Family, #2) by Susan Johnson Love Storm by Susan Johnson?"

Yes, I think this is the one but now I will have to re-read it. The H is a real A hole...and I kept waiting for the h to get a backbone and tell him off or hurt him in some satisfying way...lol

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 444 comments I'm going to order "Love Storm."

I still am not quite certain this is the book but I certainly appreciate the help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Love Storm (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Susan Johnson (other topics)
Bertrice Small (other topics)