What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Harlequin Mills & Boons Romance: Boss/Personal Assistant theme maybe? Heroine on crutches and is called a mushroom

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela Su (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 4 comments It's driving me crazy. It's been a decade. I can't remember the title or the author.

The male love interest is a rich boss who is disparaging about the heroine. She overhears him calling her a mushroom. She enters the room saying something like "Greetings from the mushroom"

For some reason I think she is on crutches. I'm not sure why I think this. I could possibly be wrong about this.

She has to host a party on his behalf.

Also, it's possible she shortens her name that it sounds manly.

This could be a M&B book from the late 80s or 90s.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Pamela Su, why does her boss call her a mushroom?

What's her job? Type of company?

Location - U.S./country, big city/small town/region, etc.?

message 3: by Pamela Su (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 4 comments He was disparaging her looks because she dressed plainly. He was hosting a function and was short a hostess. His uncle(maybe?) suggested her and his response was that she looked like a mushroom (all brown and drab)

Generally, in these romances the business the hero is in tends to be vague. I do not recall what it was.

Also no idea about location whether it was us or uk. I want to say UK but can't be sure. :(

message 4: by Pamela Su (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 4 comments oh and she was a personal assistant/secretary. mentioned it in the title. :)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Pamela Su, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Pamela Su (new)

Pamela Su (thebluebaroness) | 4 comments I still haven’t found it. Rather sad about that.