What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dragon Fall
This topic is about Dragon Fall
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror Demons and Teen drawing things that come to life. [s]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Jun 14, 2016 05:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I would have read this book in the late 80's early 90's. I think it was a point horror type book, but I don't know if that was the publisher. The book may have been a few years old when I read it.

I don't remember a lot about the book. It was a paperback YA novel. I think the cover may have had a boy and flying demon things on it.

There was a teen boy and maybe a younger brother as main characters. I think the parents were away for the time this was taking place.

The teen was an artist and drew lots of stuff. I think that his drawings were coming to life or drawing evil to him. I think he was drawing very dark/evil pictures. I'm not sure, but I think this may not have been normal for him. Perhaps something was controlling him? I'm not sure about that.

Somehow flying demon things appeared and the boy had to run from them. I don't remember specifically, but I'm sure that he had to battle them. The book probably ended well for the teen, because I don't remember shock and dismay associated with this book.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5014 comments What country were you in when you read this? Language?

Time period/location story takes place?

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I read it in Canada and I read it in English.

The location was probably the US- The time frame would have been contemporary to the 80's

It's possible it was set at someone's vacation cottage. (Or I may have read it at a cottage and attached that location to it) I know that he had a bedroom, and at least some of it was set indoors.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments I looked through rhe books but it wasn't there, but thanks for suggesting the list.

message 6: by Marta (new)

Marta | 8 comments I read a somewhat similar story-- a few of the elements were slightly different. The book I read was called " The Boy Who Drew Monsters.". Even if this is not the samenook, ypou mightenjoy it. It did have a surprise ending..

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments The Boy Who Drew Monsters for the click.

Sadly not that book, but you're right, it does look good. Thanks for the try.

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Bump. The Boy Who Drew Monsters is pretty good by the way.

message 10: by Mir (new)

Mir | 712 comments At least you got a good read out this.

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Yeah.
Bump for the new year

message 13: by Ron (new)

Ron (talon2099ad) | 4 comments Shanna, after reading your comment on my thread I decided to try another search for my book. Yes they sound really similar. I actually found it this time! On the cover the teen is drawing, maybe this is what you are remembered by? The name of the book is Dragon Fall by Lee J Hindle. Maybe this is your book as well?

Shanna_redwind | 858 comments Yes this is the book that I was looking for as well. Thank you so much!
Dragon Fall