What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. girl (witch?) has big white dog as a familiar - YA fantasy? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Jun 14, 2016 01:49AM) (new)

Hannah | 3 comments Sorry I can't remember much about this book. I read it probably around 2008-2009? YA fantasy I assume, probably paperback.

The main character (I think) turns out to be a witch of sorts. She somehow ends up with a big white dog/wolf as her familiar (maybe with red eyes), I think it might have chosen her, and I seem to recall that it was important for whatever reason. I think the antagonist wanted the dog for themselves as well (they might have had a crow/raven familiar)?

I think there was also maybe something about travelling between "worlds" in a sense, maybe involving a tree.

There might have been a fire as part of the plot, the girl might have been held captive in a barn or something which then catches fire, and her dog familiar might save her.

The dog's name might also have started with a K...

Sorry if this is quite vague, I can't remember anything about the author or title or names but I just can't seem to get this book out of my head.

message 2: by Shelia (new)

Shelia Williams | 748 comments Could it be The Amulet: A Faedra Bennett Custodian by Alison Pensy

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 3 comments I'm relatively sure the dog didn't turn into a human, but thanks, I'll check out that book and see!

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4844 comments Do you remember the cover?
Part of a series?
Time period/location story takes place?
What country were you in when you read this book? Language?

message 5: by Krista (new)

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 3 comments You know what? I think that might actually be it, holy cow, I remember the cover of that book and the bits about spells looking like candy wrappers. Thank you! I really wasn't expecting to find this book again