New Adult Book Club discussion

The Suffocation of Katie
This topic is about The Suffocation of Katie
Archived Read it Review it 2016 > #75/16 ~ The Suffocation of Katie by Glenna Maynard

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derna (last edited Oct 27, 2016 10:42AM) (new)

Derna | 5269 comments Mod
#75/16
Title: The Suffocation of Katie
Author: Glenna Maynard
Genre: NA Rock Star Romance
Formats ~ Mobi sent straight to kindle so please gchellewrites@gmail.com or just gmail.com also works
Copies ~ 25 (sent out by author)
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis

Cooper's Religion is an Indie rock band on their way to the top but...one question...one lie stands to ruin it all. Kai Cooper is my pain and I'm Katie, his biggest regret. Suffocation is the process of asphyxiation. Asphyxia, derived from the Greek language, meaning without a heartbeat. Being loved is just like being suffocated. This is the Suffocation of Katie.

Excerpt

Kai--the lead singer of Cooper's Religion, pulls up a stool and lowers the mic. Taking his seat with his guitar strapped over his chest, brown shaggy hair hangs across his eyes. His hand shifts, brushing his hair back and he smiles when a girl screams out, 'I love you Kai.' His dimples pierce straight through me owning my soul.
His voice comes out so soft and smooth, it is sexual and romantic the way he strums his guitar. "If this is what being hurt by you feels like, then...I love pain..." No lyric has ever rang more true for me. "Being loved is just like being suffocated."
His fingers move through the chords with ease and he looks at me, his eyes burning with desire. "I'm on fire," he sings the chorus and I die a little on the inside. "I'll be your pain and you'll be my biggest regret...you set me on fire. Give me your love and suffocate me...I'm on fire."

TO SIGN UP please leave your email and what format you'd like. please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread. If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from THE LIST. Thank You.

Reviewers

1, Hayley ~ hayley.marques@hotmail.com DNF
2, Adri ~ dada.adus.dolce.gmail.com
3, Heather |~ heathermbartz@gmail.com DNF
4, Paula ~ Paulajwhite@sky.com
5, Sarah ~ sarahcharles2508_81@kindle.com

message 2: by Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader) (last edited Jun 13, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader) (thevillainousreader) hayley.marques@hotmail.com
Kindle would be awesome!:)

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Thank you I will check back later to start sending out copies :)

message 4: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather | 13 comments heathermbartz@gmail.com
Thank you

Paula White | 115 comments Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments ☾Hayley wrote: "hayley.marques@hotmail.com
Kindle would be awesome!:)"

I will need your @kindle.com email :)

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Adri wrote: "dada.adus.dolce.gmail.com
Kindle would be awesome. :))"

I will need your @kindle.com email :)

Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader) (thevillainousreader) Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "hayley.marques@hotmail.com

I will need your @kindle.com email :)"

hayley.marques_52@kindle.com
Can't wait to read!:)

message 9: by Derna (new)

Heather wrote: "heathermbartz@gmail.com
Thank you"

Please can we have your @kindle.com email

message 10: by Derna (new)

Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

Please can we have your @kindle.com email

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Heather wrote: "heathermbartz@gmail.com
Thank you"

I will need your @kindle.com email

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

I will need your @kindle.com email

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments ☾Hayley wrote: "Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "hayley.marques@hotmail.com

Can't wait to read!:)"

Thank you just sent if you don't receive it please let me know.

Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader) (thevillainousreader) Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "hayley.marques@hotmail.com

Can't wait to read!:)"
..."

Hey Glenna, could you send it one more time? I need to approve your email.

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments ☾Hayley wrote: "Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "Glenna wrote: "☾Hayley wrote: "hayley.marques@hotmail.com

Can't wa..."

Sent :)

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Adri wrote: "dada.adus.dolce@kindle.com
sorry. x"

Sent :) if you don't get it let me know.

Reading with 2 book lovers | 78 comments Would love to read and review this book, mobi please have added the above email to my list

sarahcharles2508_81@kindle.com

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Adri wrote: "Glenna wrote: "Adri wrote: "dada.adus.dolce@kindle.com
sorry. x"
Sent :) if you don't get it let me know."

I didn't receive it. :/"

Resent. Did you approve me as a sender?

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Sarah wrote: "Would love to read and review this book, mobi please have added the above email to my list

sarahcharles2508_81@kindle.com"

Reading with 2 book lovers | 78 comments received it thank you

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Adri wrote: "forgotten on that one! sorry. could u please resent (hopefully for last time) sorry for all problems. x"
Done :)

Reading with 2 book lovers | 78 comments Thanks for the chance to read and review this book my reviews are up.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com.au/review/R2M3...

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Thanks Sarah glad you enjoyed it :)

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Thanks for reading and reviewing Adri :)

Paula White | 115 comments Derna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

Please can we have your @kindle.com email"

Hi - sorry must have missed this! My kindle address is paulajwhite_0107@kindle.com

Please let me know the address that will be sending the book so I can add to my Amazon account

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Paula wrote: "Derna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

Hi - sorry must have missed this! My kindle address is paulajwhite_0107@kindle.com

Please let ..."

gchellewrites@gmailcom

Paula White | 115 comments Glenna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Derna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

Hi - sorry must have missed this! My kindle address is paulajwhite_0107@kindle.co..."

Added!

Glenna Maynard (glennamichelle) | 15 comments Paula wrote: "Glenna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Derna wrote: "Paula wrote: "Paulajwhite@sky.com thanks!"

Hi - sorry must have missed this! My kindle address is paulajwhite..."

Paula White | 115 comments Got it!

message 32: by Micheala (new)

Micheala | 1457 comments Hayley won't be doing it