What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > The MC (she's about 17/18) is the daughter of a virgin and it's just them living together. Mom dies and girl moves and ends up living w another family she met at a church. The girl is a virgin but gets pregnant and has a baby.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 1 comments So here are more bits that I remember: in the beginning of the book the mom is very strict and does not allow the daughter to look at herself in mirrors. Somehow the mom dies and the girl doesn't know what to do because she doesn't have any siblings or a dad, so she moves to another town where she goes to church and meets the family who own the church. They take her in and she lives with them until one day the girl gets pregnant. She was a virgin and now she's pregnant so she accuses the son in the family, who's about her age, of raping her. The family doesn't believe her so they chain and lock her up and don't let her leave. That's all I remember. Someone please help!!!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37625 comments Mod
When did you read it? YA or adult? What genre - horror, thriller? How did the mother get pregnant? How did the daughter? Is this magical realism, or are they being impregnated by the devil, or something else? Remember the cover? Author male or female?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37625 comments Mod
Christina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4122 comments It might be Madapple (I remember someone else was looking for it).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Madapple (other topics)