Mystery & Thriller LGBTQQA discussion

72 views
crime fiction > LGBTQIA+ Noir

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dharma (new)

Dharma Kelleher (dharmakelleher) | 4 comments Looks like I'm the first one to ever post on this forum, so maybe I can generate some interest in it.

I'm interested in reading LGBT noir fiction. In other words, stories with little to no romance, with a dark, gritty story and characters. This is what I write personally and I wish I could find similar works by other authors.

There are plenty of gay/lesbian cozy mysteries, most of which have a romantic subplot. Those are fine, but I like to read the darker stuff. The closest I've found so far is the Millennium Trilogy (GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, etc.). But I want more.

Any suggestions?


message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Cunegan (jdcunegan) | 6 comments Dharma wrote: "Looks like I'm the first one to ever post on this forum, so maybe I can generate some interest in it.

I'm interested in reading LGBT noir fiction. In other words, stories with little to no romanc..."


I don't know if my books qualify as noir, but they are mystery/thrillers featuring multiple LGBTQA+ characters (including an asexual protagonist). You can find my three novels, all part of a series, on my Goodreads page.


message 3: by Dharma (new)

Dharma Kelleher (dharmakelleher) | 4 comments Thanks. I'll check it out.


message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg Perry | 11 comments Hi Dharma, try Jon Wilson. He has two books in a series - Cheap as Beasts and Every Unworthy Thing. Gritty noir from post World War 2. The protagonist is gay and there isn't a drop of romance.


message 5: by Dharma (new)

Dharma Kelleher (dharmakelleher) | 4 comments Awesome! I will look into it. Thanks, Meg!


message 6: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Cunegan (jdcunegan) | 6 comments Meg wrote: "Hi Dharma, try Jon Wilson. He has two books in a series - Cheap as Beasts and Every Unworthy Thing. Gritty noir from post World War 2. The protagonist is gay and there isn't a drop of romance."

I think I'll check these out as well!


message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg Perry | 11 comments J.D. wrote: "Meg wrote: "Hi Dharma, try Jon Wilson. He has two books in a series - Cheap as Beasts and Every Unworthy Thing. Gritty noir from post World War 2. The protagonist is gay and there isn't a drop of r..."

They are excellent.


message 8: by batchelorboy55 (new)

batchelorboy55 | 4 comments Not normally my genre but I seem to own a few
David Swatling's Calvin's Head
Men of the mean streets: Gay Noir
Women of the mean streets: Lesbian Noir
Rob Kaufman
The Heavens rise - Christopher Rice
Lost Souls - Poppy Z Brite


message 9: by Kavya (new)

Kavya Shankaregowda | 1 comments "LGBT or otherwise, love is love" - Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil
Prince Manvendra Singh Gohil, India's first royal family member to come out as gay, talks about the universality of love, global perspectives on the LGBT community, challenges faced, and hopes for the future of the LGBT community in India

http://www.bonobology.com/features/21...


message 10: by Martin (new)

Martin Holmén | 2 comments Check out my books - you might like them!


back to top