Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Memoir, approx 70,000 words

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (last edited Jun 13, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

Michele | 24 comments Hello, I'm looking for five beta readers for my newest book, Chasing Stones.

Possible triggers: There is no sex, violence, racism, or abuse, but there are sections that bring forth the experience of grief in a way that may sadden readers, particularly those who have been widowed.

Timeframe: 2-3 weeks

Special Requests: I want this manuscript to be as "right" as it can be, and your honest opinions will be the most valuable in making it that way. Don't hesitate to question things, point out flaws, or just tell me if you really don't like it.

Book Summary: Their paths first crossed when she was just a child, and years later they came together to build a marriage that lasted until the day he died. That day wasn't as far in the future as they'd thought though. When a doctor's negligence costs Alan his life, Michele struggles to find her way against a lifelong panic disorder, newfound poverty, and the pain of living without the only man she ever truly loved.
Chasing Stones is a strikingly honest memoir that narrates their story, often with an undeniable sense of dry humor. It reveals some common misconceptions about widowhood, and in the end gives messages of hope, resilience, and spiritual growth.

Thanks in advance :)

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 4 comments I have never been a beta reader before but I am a avid reader and your book sounds very intriguing. I would be interested in giving my opinions if you are willing to try someone without any official experience.

message 3: by Michele (new)

Michele | 24 comments Hi Suzanne,

Thank you, I'd really appreciate your opinions. I'm going to send you a PM so we can exchange eMail addresses. What format would you like me to send the book to you in?

message 4: by Michele (last edited Oct 25, 2016 08:40PM) (new)

Michele | 24 comments Windy wrote: "Hi Michele! I don't know if you still need this, but I am in the revision stage of my memoir, and should be ready for beta readers by March 2017. In the meantime, I would love to beta and/or critiq..."

Hi Windy,

I appreciate the offer, but I did get some great beta readers and the book was published in August.
Congratulations on on your memoir. Send me a message when you're ready for betas, if you need an extra :)

message 5: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) Hi any of you would like to read my memoir of an all boys boarding high school appx 130 pages.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Garfield (new)

Garfield Whyte (garfieldwhyte) Windy wrote: "Aww I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to beta this, but I will order it from Amazon, as it sounds like an interesting read!

Congrats on the book!"

Hi Windy, is this message for me?