Dread Forest (roleplay) discussion

Dread Palace > The Ballroom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
The Queen watches silently outside the door as Maltra plays the piano. 'sigh' She enters the room and picks up her violin that the servants always leave there for her. She glanced at Maltra.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((I'm not sure Maltra would be the one on the piano. He would more likely be in a corner sulking and watching people suspiciously))

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
((bahahahaha he should have a musical talent that no one knows about. Where he can pour his darkest thoughts into the music.))

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Alright but he wouldn't do it in public))

((exactly. Which is why the ballroom is empty ;) ))

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee (( ;) ))

((so u want to continue roleplaying now? :) ))

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Yeah sorry I'm doing an ugly battle with my friends))

((where u doing that at? 'cheers from sideline' Go Rachel! Wooh! okay we can start whenever))

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((It's in a messages group with me squad *puts sunglasses on and drives with windows down* ))

Aelin walked into the ballroom while lost in her thoughts. She wanted a distraction. A distraction from her darkest thoughts that haunted her everywhere.

She needed Maltra. And fast, but she knew he was asleep. As was everyone else in the palace.

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Maltra almost never sleeps lol that's why he's tired 24/7))

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra silently stepped into the shadows, light purple eyes glowing in the moonlight like cat eyes. "Don't assume my eyes are shut," he growled in the silence.

Aelin spun around so fast that her hair whipped the other side of her face. A hand went to her chest as she tried to slow her breathing.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee He walked toward her, boots sending hushed echoes through the ballroom. He rested his hands on her wrists and gently pulled her hands away from her chest. "What are you doing in the ballroom? After what happened in the forest, you need rest."

Aelin met his gaze with an icy one of her own. "Like hell I do."

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra stared emotionlessly at her icy gaze. He fiercely let go of her wrists and walked out of the ballroom. He muttered just barely enough that she could hear, "I only act like a guard because I care. However, I am an assassin. So I'll act like one. Let me know if you need me." He didn't turn to see her expression as he left the room.
He left the hallway.
He left the castle.

He walked around the territory, a dangerous shadow compared to darkness.

Aelin knew she shouldn't have, but she followed him anyway.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Let's continue tmrw cause I gotta go to bed. Good night <3333 ))

((want to roleplay now, Rachel?))

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Oh yeah, sorry I'll start))

((sorry the queen is in two places at once!))

Aelin sat on the throne that was at the front of the room. Oh how she wished that she could dance, but knew that she must wait until after 9:00. That was the rule. The one rule that she had to follow. It was tradition. Well to heck with tradition!
As aelin rose from where she sat, she saw Isabelle enter in a very beautiful gown. She did not look all too happy. Aelin knew that she was probably the only one that noticed the sadness and anger in the girl's eyes.

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((HOLD ON ONE FREAKING MOMENT IM GONNA MAKE A SOULMATE))

message 29: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen strolled in, hands shoved in his dress pants as he strolled in. He bit his lip at the sight of everyone with a date. He did a silent curse under his breath and casually walked around. Girls left and right were eyeing his tux, blushing when they caught his eye. Heathen spotted a girl standing by herself and elegantly swept toward her. He came up from behind her and handed her his winning smile. He bowed and kissed her hand. "May I?" He said in a silky voice.

message 30: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen couldn't help but give a natural grin. Now he could at least blend in. Now to get information about the queen. But what kind of information? He twirled her onto the dance floor gracefully, leading her with every move. "What do you think of her majesty?" He said with interest, casualty, curiosity, and slight hesitation. The key to answers was to not be eager. The Guild of Knowledge actually helps with acting, surprisingly.

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen smiled sweetly. "I thought so. And what brought you here to this ball?" He said with slight curiosity, staring dreamily into those big eyes of hers. She was actually very pretty... His smile glowed.

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen cocked his head. He stepped back as he gave her an elegant twirl, one hand keeping her hand held high and the other stretched out like a pro. The stretched out arm came back in to grab her by the waist. He led her in a spin, and grinned at her flared out dress. He stepped back, leading her into him. Her body went right against his, and he leaned in to say in a hushed voice, "So you're one to not follow the rules?" He could feel his breath fall on her. Good thing he put a mint leaf on his tongue before he walked in.

Aelin watched the encounter between Isabelle and the mysterious man with interest. A bad feeling came over her, but she didn't want to act unless with more knowledge about what she was acting upon. She sat down and decided to follow the rules for once as she watched Isabelle and the man like a hawk.

(( Hey!))

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen glanced at Aelin. He caught her state, but quickly removed his gaze to stare back at Isabelle. He chuckled when she basically repeated what he said. He glanced at the diamond chandelier before swishing her to the side, putting his back facing the queen. "What's it like living in the palace? It must be fascinating," he said, making his emerald eyes glow with fascination.

The bad feeling only grew more. He was something dangerous. She was sure of it, but she wasn't the kind of queen to act before thinking.
Aelin wanted Isabelle to be happy, but wanted her safe too. She was becoming very protective over this girl. Isabelle was starting to feel like a sister to her. Or a daughter.

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee "Oh. Pity," he said with a frown. He took a break from questions, making it appear that he was just curious. He every now and then glanced at random things before locking on Isabelle's eyes. Heathen prepared answers in case she asked a question.

Aelin saw Isabelle becoming squeamish and was about to bolt off of her throne, but knew that she had to let this play out.
"Atta girl. Ask him questions. Play it out." She whispered to herself.

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen twirled her to make her grip on his hands less awkward. He tried to seem more relaxed. "Heathen." He decided to tell the truth last minute. "What about you?" he said with casualty. No hesitation. It made sense to not hesitate after someone already asked. Was he being too specific with his acting? Gah! Getting information was so stressful.

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen gave a confused state as she rushed to the queen. What was that about? He was just asking questions. On the inside he could feel his chest turning with suspicion. Tiffany the medicine girl. He could remember her name. Names held value, after all. He wondered if anyone would give him a coin just for the daughter of the healer at the palace. What was he doing? Of course someone would! Everyone needed everyone's name at some point. And he just so happened holding an excellent memory. He traveled to the punch bowl, then leaned against a pole to drink his punch. Maybe he should ask someone else about the queen. Or maybe even her assassin. Normally the assassin would be here. He was surprised to not find his lurking figure. He shrugged the thought off as he took a sip from his punch and ignored the gawking girls.

Aelin smiled at Isabelle as she watched the girl walk towards her. Away from him.
"I don't know actually, but he gives me a bad feeling. You were right to walk away. I'm putting an end to this."
Aelin stood up to her full height (she was tall ;) ) and clapped her hands once together. The room went silent. She fixed her gaze onto the man.
"What is your name, young man? Speak fast."

message 42: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen felt his spine stand straight. His gaze turned bewildered. "M-my name?" He squirmed into a bow. "Heathen, your majesty."

"And what is your business here, Heathen? I remember everyone's face that has set foot in this palace and then some. I have never seen you though." Aelin gave him an icy stare.

message 44: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee He lowered his head but kept his eyes connected with Aelin, a symbol she was the dominant one. "I apologize, your majesty. This is my first dance..." he said with slight blush rising. It was true... How embarrassing! Everyone was staring at him. The girls still had that dreamy look in their eyes at him. He swept an arm out as he said, "I worked hard to pay for this tux and to pay to come to this dance. I've dreamt to come to a dance, and I must say you have done an excellent job hosting this one," he said while admiring the decor. Most of that was true. He was busy selling information to pay for the tux and to come, but it he gave the impression he was poor and was working hard, when actually he didn't say anything of the such. "Ah, people and their assumptions,' he thought.

Aelin watched as he lowered his head slightly. This may have been his first dance, but he had an agenda. She never turned away from her "feelings."
"How old are you, Heathen?"

message 46: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee He nervously scratched the back of his neck. She's looked at his face, knows his real name... Should he might as well keep telling the truth? But what if she could tell if he was lying. It was freaking queen! He swallowed hard as he replied meekly, "Six hundred and one." He felt smaller and smaller the more she stared him down. He was starting to get scared. And sweaty. A little too sweaty.

Aelin filed this information away. She knew she was scaring him, but she had to make who she was known.
"I shall like to speak with you after the ball. Until then, carry on." She gave a winning smile and turned away. The chatter began again around the room, but no one spoke of what happened. No one dared. Not until she knew more.
Aelin looked at Isabelle. "I can tell that you're bored. I am too. So don't worry." She winked.

message 48: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen wrung his hands together, nervously looking at everyone continuing their dancing and business. People acted like they were ignoring him, but he caught each and every one of their glances. They stared. And they AVOIDED him. He swore under his breath. How could he get information now. He bit his lip. Desperate times came for desperate measures. He left to go to the bathroom. When he entered, two people were in. One just left. Perfect! He placed a hand on the shoulder of the man still washing his hands. "Excuse me-" he began. The man didn't see him coming when he forced his fist down on his head. He dragged the knocked out person into a stall and locked the door just in case. This was too risky. But he needed more information to satisfy his customers. He placed a hand on the man's neck, and his body transformed into an exact replica. Vocals, powers, even each fleck in the eye. All the exact same. He even gathered a few, but not most, of his memories. He stared at the body. "Now what to do with you?" He asked, getting used to the new vocals. He bit his lip and tapped a finger to his chin. Did he bring a tablet? He frantically searched his pockets till his fingers touched the familiar round red tablet. Oh thank goodness! He sucked on the tablet before removing it. He forced the man's mouth open and shoved the tablet in. Slowly but surely, the man turned into an exact replica of Heathen in his normal form. He grinned at his work and left the stall, leaving the fake Heathen. The tablet lasted 24 hours. Hopefully all will go well... He came back in as the long black haired man with hair tied back and wearing a sharp velvet tux. A long red haired women came back and smiled. He searched his memories for her name... L.... Li.... Lilac! He took out his arm and did a small smile. According to his memories and pieces of the brain he gathered... The man he transformed into was a serious man. Perfect. Lilac was an acquaintance, and nothing more. Great.

Aelin looked back at the crowd. She sat forward as she noticed Heathen's absence. Aelin gestured for a guard to come forth.
"Find Heathen. Now."
That feeling returned to Aelin as more people flooded the ballroom. She kept Isabelle close to her and never took her eyes off of the room. This was most likely going to end badly.

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Heathen didn't release a sigh of relief when the queen didn't notice. This was soooo risky... He thanked the forest in all its glory when a random man came to sweep Lilac off her feet. He went to dance with someone and asked cuss yap questions. The girl immediately started blabbing, and he listened with deep interest, feeding his box of facts.

« previous 1