Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Since You've Been Gone
This topic is about Since You've Been Gone
DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson → Start Date: July 1, 2016

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie | 2012 comments Sarah and I will be reading this. Anyone else may join.

Mbee i'd like to join too :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll join you if I can get the book.

message 4: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I love Morgan Matson. I'm reading her newest, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson .
I really also liked Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson . I read it a couple of summers ago and it was great. It went by really fast and was really cute.
I've also been planning to read Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson .

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah, I just ordered The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson and I really liked the Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson but I have yet to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

message 6: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie | 2012 comments I've read The Unexpected Everything and Second Chance Summer and loved both of them. I haven't read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour yet, either.

message 7: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was sooo good. It was adorable. I also picked up Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson today at work. (I work at a library)....

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Ooh, this book was fun to read. I hope you all enjoy it.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Grace!

Sarah, I'm jealous! I want a Beauty and the Beast library of my own! That would be my dream come true! Lol

message 10: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 2 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I just ordered this from the library. If it comes in time I will definitely join you guys.

message 11: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Vicki no...you don't. I work at my college library as a work study and I deal with temptation every day. It's so hard!! ;) LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I can only imagine, Sarah. I am literally NEVER without a book! People make fun of me sometimes because of it but I don't care. LOL

message 13: by Mbee (last edited Jul 01, 2016 11:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mbee I started yesterday but didn't read much. Now at chapter 4.
The list (view spoiler)
Emily (view spoiler)
Frank Porter (view spoiler)
Have you started yet?

message 14: by Mbee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mbee Now I'm at chapter 13.
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Gotta get started on this one. With the holiday weekend, I haven't had time. Hosting cookouts, family over...you get the idea...lol

message 16: by Mia (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mia ✨ (idontgiveafxxk) I read this book last summer and totally adored the story, have fun everyone!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah, I'm with you but family time yesterday was so awesome!!!

message 18: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Yes, it was good to see everybody. Some I haven't seen in a long time...

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My 3 daughters and 7 of my 19 grandkids were there so it was nice.

On the 12th (next Tuesday) I leave for our annual Cousins Camp for a whole week where 4 of my 5 children and 17 of my 19 grandchildren AND my only great grandchild will be there!!! It'll be our 9th year I think. Every morning my son (he's a pastor) gives a short spiritual lesson, then we do activities. So far we have Day 1 is beach day; Day 2 is pool day and Trampoline Sky High; Day 3 is the water park (we do a train on the inter tubes of about 25 of us lol); Day 4 is chill out/hang out day; Day 5 is a boat ride in Newport Beach day; and day 6 is eat breakfast and drive home. Lol We don't count our arrival day as Day 1 since we all get there at different times so that day is just dinner and hanging out. We all get SO EXCITED and it's the best tradition ever!!! It keeps the grandkids close because some live in Oregon, some in Southern California and half live in Central California. So it's our way of maintaining their close relationships and I get to see ALL or at least most of my grandkids!!!

That said, it'll be a tough week for reading. We all stay in my son's home (except 2 of my daughters get a hotel) so it's crazy but SO FUN!!!

message 20: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments That sounds like SO much fun. Those activities sound amazing.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments We always have a blast. Last year we went to the Museum of the Bible and it was so interesting! I thought the kids would be bored but they weren't.

message 22: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments We have the Noah's Ark museum here in Kentucky. It actually opens up today! I really wanna go.
We also have the Creation Museum. I've been to it! It was a blast!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments How awesome! I'd love to see both!

message 24: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I've seen the Creation Museum, but not the Ark replica seeing how it opens today. But I do want to see the Ark!

message 25: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Just now started on this one! FINALLY...lol..
I'm almost finished with chapter 1!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have yet to start this or most of my other BR books! Hoping to get to it this week.

message 27: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I've started it but haven't had time to really read it. It's getting busy at work. I'm praying for some slower days so I can read. I've been busy since 7-12:30 today. Hoping it calms down after lunch....

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sarah, how are you to read this one? Do we need to put it off and set a new date, or do you want to try starting it shortly?

How about you, Katie? I don't see that you've begun it either. Do you want to schedule a new date or shall we bite the bullet and just start? LOL

message 29: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I did start it but haven't got around to it much, lol. It's up to you!

message 30: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie | 2012 comments I ended up having to return it to the library because I hadn't had a chance to start it before. I might be able to get it from the library again before the end of summer, but I might not have time to read it before I go back to school.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm okay with waiting. This will be the 3rd different time I've checked it out and not read it. LOL

I have it until the 27th, so would the 21st work for either of you? I can check it out for 3 weeks beyond the 27th if no one else has a hold on it but I won't know that until I try to recheck it out.

message 32: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments That should work!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay I'm going to plan it for the 21st.

message 34: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments Sounds good with me!