The Malazan Fallen discussion

Fall of Light (The Kharkanas Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Fall of Light
Group Read - Fall of Light > Fol- Chapter 18 - NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 35 comments This is a discussion for chapter 1 only. Please mark any other spoilers using the spoiler tags. (when in doubt, use them).

message 2: by Lee, High Priest of Shadow (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) | 1508 comments Mod
So, first mention of a shadow throne. Also, interestingly, there is a constant mention in how the fires do not seem to be giving of much heat, lots of people gathered around fires keep asking for more would in the fire. I am assuming this has something to do with Olar Ethil and her mysterious ways.

Never even considered that Draconus built 'The Wagon' by hand. I guess the sword still needs to be made right? Because Rakes current sword is 'grief' or 'vengeance' but we know that isn't the sword that Rake has later in the series.

message 3: by Lee, High Priest of Shadow (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (kiwifirst) | 1508 comments Mod
Wondering if the warrior monks at the monestry are the beginnings of the Seguleh? 2 monks killing twenty warriors with parring knives sounds like a Seguleh to me. It will be interesting to see what the last monestry does now that it has been spared.

David (davk) | 44 comments Good thinking.

Johny (drbo) | 184 comments Endest Silann goes to the market in Kharkanas and use his newly found power to free all animals in cages there and resurrect dead ones. After that meets eleint Silanah, who was drawn to the emanations of power and flied to the city.

Shake assassin Caplo is going to the Chamber of the Night and kill Draconus. Silchas Ruin is planning the field of final battle and then goes with Kellaras and other soldier to hunt Caplo. He is meanwhile d’ivers of twelve panthers and finds Draconus building huge carriage with chains. Caplo attacks him and losts half of his bodies, then Draconus explains Shake (or d’ivers, not sure) will have a realm with throne. Wounded Caplo leaves the Night and is arrested by Silchas.

Zach Loutensock | 7 comments Endest Silann’s moment of relief was breathtakingly descriptive. I loved every second of it. And the aftermath... realistic.