Perustopia Book Club discussion

Cassandra Clare

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha | 42 comments I want to read Cassandra Clare's books. There are so many, I have no idea where to begin! Suggestions??

Jenna Book Haven City Of Bones

message 3: by Martha (new)

Martha | 42 comments Thank you!!

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Bazemore | 37 comments I would highly recommend reading all of Cassandra Clare's books in publication order, this is also the chronological order in which to read the books.
1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of Glass
4. Clockwork Angel
5. City of Fallen Angels
6. Clockwork Prince
7. City of Lost Souls
8. Clockwork Princess
9. City of Heavenly Fire
10. Lady Midnight

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 3 comments Do I have to read all of The Mortal Instruments to read The Infernal Devices/ Lady midnight/ the Bane Chronicles???
I've read 1-3 of the mortal instruments, but I don't remember much... And I've watched the film and the tv show

message 6: by Rbooks (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments Chloe wrote: "Do I have to read all of The Mortal Instruments to read The Infernal Devices/ Lady midnight/ the Bane Chronicles???
I've read 1-3 of the mortal instruments, but I don't remember much... And I've w..."

No you don't! TID is a prequel

message 7: by Rbooks (new)

Rbooks | 90 comments Chloe wrote: "Do I have to read all of The Mortal Instruments to read The Infernal Devices/ Lady midnight/ the Bane Chronicles???
I've read 1-3 of the mortal instruments, but I don't remember much... And I've w..."

But you have to read the TMI series(amazing) in order to read LM

message 8: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (the_book_prophet) | 245 comments Read the mortal instruments and then the bane chronicles first. Then read the infernal devices and then lady midnight

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cartwright (jessicart15) | 321 comments start with the Infernal Devices (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, Clockwork Princess) then go onto the Mortal Instruments (City of Bones, etc..) you can read The Bane Chronicles then if you want and then there is the Dark Artifices (Lady Midnight is the only one out at the moment).

message 10: by Ivo (new)

Ivo | 35 comments Martha Bollich wrote: "I want to read Cassandra Clare's books. There are so many, I have no idea where to begin! Suggestions??"

City of Glass is my favourite from The Mortal Instruments series but you need to read the first two books...

message 11: by Martha (new)

Martha | 42 comments Thank you everyone!! Y'all helped and I hope to love them as much as y'all do!

message 12: by Swati (new)

Swati | 95 comments Matthew wrote: "I would highly recommend reading all of Cassandra Clare's books in publication order, this is also the chronological order in which to read the books.
1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of..."

I think this ^ is the best order to read them in. :)
However if you want to read it series by series; start with TID then TMI, The Bane Chronicles, Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy and lastly Lady midnight :)

message 13: by Holland (new)

Holland (skittyy) | 9 comments I actually read The Infernal Devices before The Mortal Instruments because I didn't realize they were prequels. I had no issues following it.. you don't have to read TMI first but there are a lot of connections you'll miss if you don't lol. I'd start with City of Bones from TMI. TID > TMI though lol

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments I agree- read them in the order of their publication!! it's the best way to go.