Play Book Tag discussion

The Tower at Stony Wood
This topic is about The Tower at Stony Wood
June, 2016: Fantasy > The Tower at Stony Wood - Patricia A. McKillip (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1292 comments The Tower at Stony Wood - Patricia A. McKillip

4 stars

The Tower at Stony Wood is a beautiful written fairy tale. It is about a knight that is sent on a quest to save a lady in a tower. But there are many magical towers in the land and during his quest to save the mysterious lady he finds a castle full of gold guarded by a dragon and another with a older woman and her daughter that are creating mysterious cloth and needlework as they observe the outside world in a magical mirror. The story of his quest and the magical castles eventually come together in a satisfying conclusion, although not the obvious one. McKillip creates beautiful imagery with words. The novel has a magical dreamlike feeling as the reader is drawn into the knight's quest. I definitely recommend this to readers that enjoy magical fairy tales.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6259 comments So glad you found a good fantasy read for this month. I can totally tell this one is not for me . . .but that's the point of these reviews, yes? I loved pretend as a child. Not sure what happened to my sense of whimsy.