Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book Edit Modification

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (thebookishlexicon) | 3 comments I recently recieved an email from the Librarians group informing me that a change I had made was not allowed via the Librarians Manual, but the change had been approved by the GoodReads team weeks ago, due to the fact that the book was mistakenly uploaded with my name instead of the name of the person who wrote it. I have a long email thread outlining the reasons I will not have this ebook (which is actually now not available online outside of torrents that contain viriuses) associated with me. This morning, the Librarian team had switched it back to my name even though I was given permission to leave it as Anonymous.

The email ticket that contains the entire conversation with the GoodReads Team is #352731. I have replied to the email, and also included this information here. I have changed the book in question BACK to Anonymous, and I would appreciate if it would stay that way per the agreement that I have already recieved from the website team.

Thank you!

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20806 comments It was not a librarian that made the change, it was Goodreads Support/Staff.
Please contact Goodreads Support when you have questions about these edits.

message 3: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (thebookishlexicon) | 3 comments I have replied to the email sent to me, but it also suggested that I take to this group with any questions. So I've posted it here for the future. Thank you for the reply.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20806 comments Lexi wrote: "I have replied to the email sent to me, but it also suggested that I take to this group with any questions. So I've posted it here for the future. Thank you for the reply."

Just so you know, when a book has a librarian note added by Goodreads, no librarian is going to change anything about that book.

message 5: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (thebookishlexicon) | 3 comments Thank you for letting me know.