Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > profile

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah James | 7 comments Since I requested to register as author of one of my books, the system seems to have both changed my name (I have 2 pen names but only got a note about what to do if one has 2 pen names after I'd filled in the request to register as the author.)

The system also seems to have deleted the bio that I'd previously spent ages tying up. (And has loads of books linked to my name that aren't mine.)

So I'm wondering - how do I get my bio restored? Alternatively, if this sin't possible, how do I get my whole old profile restored (and I'll forget about registering as an author because it all seems rather complicated/messy at the moment (there are about 71 books written under the same name as mine, which aren't mine)? Or is the easiest way to sort all the wrong things out just to leave goodreads and then re-register at some point and start from new?

Thank you.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Librarians can't help with this, sorry. You should contact support and ask them to put you on a new author profile with only your books on it and also to try to find your bio for it.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah James | 7 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Librarians can't help with this, sorry. You should contact support and ask them to put you on a new author profile with only your books on it and also to try to find your bio for it."

Thank you :-). I've contacted support, and they've sorted the books (though one of co-author's names input incorrectly) for me. Still waiting on the bio.

Never expected it to be quite so complicated, so really grateful for all the responses I've had from Librarians on here, thank you.

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Jun 13, 2016 07:37AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I removed your author picture from the old profile. Sorry it has been a hassle for you.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah James | 7 comments Abcdarian wrote: "I removed your author picture from the old profile. Sorry it has been a hassle for you."

Hi Abcdarian,

It's cool. Fine with my profile/author pic.

And suspect part of the complicatedness is just an initial overwhlemed with the size of the site/tech of it, which will be much easier once I get used to how the site works and what info is where.

:-)