paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

group reads archive > July Group Read Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

It's that time again to start thinking about what we're going to read next month.
I'll leave the thread open til next weekend and then set up a poll.

message 3: by Justin (last edited Jun 13, 2016 02:56PM) (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
To Wake the Dead from Richard laymon

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Justin wrote: "To Wake the Dead from Richard laymon"

I don't think I've read this one! Might be time for some RL. :)

message 5: by Justin (new)

Yea I'm in a laymon mood, just started reading the glory bus

message 6: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
Oh, two good nominations already! I'll nominate Dead of Night Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry from Jonathan Maberry.

message 7: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Justin wrote: "Yea I'm in a laymon mood, just started reading the glory bus"

Glory Bus was great! So over the top and graphic I actually liked the plot of that one :)

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments I STILL don't have this month's read (have a feeling I'll be reading the entire novel in the last week this month ;( ), but for July, I'd second Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry --I've seen a lot of great reviews for that one, and the premise sounds "new"....

message 9: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I STILL don't have this month's read (have a feeling I'll be reading the entire novel in the last week this month ;( ), but for July, I'd second Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry--I've seen a lot ..."

Don't worry Kimberly, you could probably read Kayla in one sitting, it moves quickly.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I STILL don't have this month's read (have a feeling I'll be reading the entire novel in the last week this month ;( ), but for July, I'd second Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry--I've seen a lot ..."

Sorry i don't have it lendable anymore, i have the sequel still lendable though if you end up wanting to read that

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments No problem--with the way the end-of-school activities are (and still one day to go here), I may end up skipping this month, if I don't just order the e-copy in the last week. (I already had a copy of the other choice, which is the only reason I went with that one--LOL!)

Just looked over THE NIGHT SISTER, (for July), and realized that was one I had wanted to read, as well. I figure I'll be good with any of the nominations here, so far!

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
The poll is up for next months read, it's not quite open yet so check in again in a few hours time.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
We have another tie for our group read, To Wake the Dead To Wake the Dead by Richard Laymon and The Night Sister The Night Sister by Jennifer McMahon

Do we want to read both?? and do a buddy read for Dead of Night Dead of Night (Dead of Night, #1) by Jonathan Maberry ?

message 14: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Hey Kate, on the poll comments I said I'd change my vote to the Laymon book!

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Okay, the RL book it is then. :D