Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > 30 Days of Books: Day 28

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1264 comments Since I just posted day 27's prompt, I thought I'd make up for it and post day 28's prompt right now, lol.

Today's prompt is your favorite title(s). This is another hard one because I don't really pay attention to titles very much. Sure, they usually give you a feel for the story. And, I'll admit that I love when the title is said during the story. But, I don't get attached to titles.

With that being said, however, I do think Ella Minnow Pea is a clever title, especially in the context of the story.

The story is about a fictional island off the coast of South Carolina. This island is known for being the home of the author of the pangram, "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." There's a statue of the author with this pangram on it and when the letters start falling off, the island's Council decides to remove those letters from the alphabet altogether.

I didn't really care for the book very much because of the writing. It's an epistolary novel and while that alone didn't bother me, the fact that every character had the same voice did. However, I thought the idea was clever and because the story's all about the alphabet, I think the title is also clever.

What is your favorite title(s)?

message 2: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4849 comments I don't pay much attention to titles either. But if I were to choose a clever one, I'd say Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston, the guy who got trapped when a boulder came down on his arm and pinned him to the side of a canyon in Utah, and he had to cut off his own arm to escape.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I love the title A Constellation of Vital Phenomena.

message 7: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4849 comments Blueberry wrote: "My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell"

I love this book! I used to read it over and over as a kid!

message 8: by Marti (new)

Marti (coloreader) | 84 comments The Dirty Parts of the Bible

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5527 comments Jgrace wrote: "The War of Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts"

And I'm reading the sequel right now!

message 10: by Jennifer P. (new)

Jennifer P. Pope (jenjunum) | 902 comments In addition to Susie's, The Tsar of Love and Techo. Marra has the best titles!

message 11: by Kimber (last edited Jun 16, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 823 comments Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas by Tom Robbins. Good title, and good book :)