The Song of Creation (fantasy RP) discussion

Vernos > The Cult of Tenderis

Comments Showing 1-50 of 605 (605 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Night ~People Sometimes Scare Me~ | 1158 comments Mod
This is the main location of the Cult of Tenderis. Its almost completely populated by the Kree with a few people who came from other worlds. The master of this cult is Leo and his word is law for two reasons. He is the closest to Tenderis, and he will shove a sword through you without a second thought if you argue.

Leo silently walked along by himself of course trying to find his favorite toy. The man almost looked as what could almost be seen as happy. Usually that meant he was either going to flirt with Eria or he was about to cut someone into tiny tiny pieces. Fortunately today it was the first one so of course he was trying to find his pet where ever she might be hiding.

message 3: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria lounged just inside the building of the Temple of Tenderis. She was wearing, as always, some of the clothing that Leo had picked out for her. Really, he controlled every aspect of her life. She didn't mind, though, not at the moment. She'd tuned all of her doubts out right now and was in her usual, finely tuned, cold mood. She leaned against the windowsill of an open window and stared directly out.

"Eria, where are you pet," Leo called out in a sweeter tone than usually. Something good must of happened because he was most certainly in one of his far better moods. In fact he almost didn't seem like he could be the murder he was when one considered the happiness and ease of his voice in the moment.

message 5: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments A distant smile crept over her usually stony features. "I'm here, Leo," she called. His tone was kind. She would really enjoy seeing him right now, she was sure. It would be different than usual. It might be... normal. It might be an opportunity. She turned to face the door, where she was sure he'd come in at any moment. She leaned on her hands, which were braced on the windowsill.

Leo came in the door just as predict. And in fact he did look normal. He strode over to her with perfect ease wrapping his arms around her in a fiercely protective and possessive hug. "Hello love," he purred as her nuzzled into her hair slightly.

message 7: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Her hair was thick and fluffy and soft, with far more hairs than a normal scalp, but all thin and lush. She felt her heart do a little, sickly flip in its steel casing. "Hello," she cooed back, gently pulling her arms around him and holding onto his shoulders. She felt heat racing to her face. My... this wasn't like her at all. Then again, it was Leo.

message 8: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments ((Do our weirdy thing!))

Of course Leo being Leo and all his affectionate moment didn't last all to long. After a couple more seconds he pulled back and smile disappeared from his face. He didn't look menacing but he had become more neutral and far less affectionate. "Do you have a report on how things are going in the west?

message 10: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria took a moment to compose herself, then cleared her throat, taking a step back and assuming a neutral expression. "Enrollment is up, especially with your "join or die" piece. That being said, morale is down. We have victories wherever we seek, but we need to turn these members towards your cause out of fervent admiration." Maybe that would make him... less frightening, she hoped.

Leo paused for a moment. "And how do you purpose we do that?" He asked glancing around. It wasn't necessarily going to be easy to show them that he was right. After all people usually tended to think that things like spiders and the dark were evil. It couldn't really be helped that people wouldn't like him much, but he had to do something to get them to approve of Tenderis.

message 12: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments She hesitated, not really anticipating that question, although she thought now that maybe she should have. "I... suggest that... you try to make following Tenderis appealing by... perhaps offering some form of reward in return for flawless devotion?"

"A reward? Is the sparing of their lives when the great one returns not a good enough reward?" She growled venomously. "The ungrateful fools. When the great one returns all will be blessed with a new form and power beyond all imagination. We will become the gods of the new world! A world far greater than that stupid firefly ever created!"

message 14: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments She stayed still, although she hated how his mood had changed so suddenly. "They lack conviction. Some only joined to spare their own lives. They do not understand. They follow out of fear, not loyalty. You can make them understand."

"How can I make the mindless understand something that requires basic comprehensions skills? Fine then. I'll throw around a few speeches and try to get them to understand. If I can't then the least I can do is trick them with bribes of power. It seems to work rather well for all the fake religions out there bowing to the wrong god," He snarled venomously, though none of that anger and aggression was once directed at Eria. He had never been violent with her... yet.

message 16: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments (( :3 hi.))

((You wanna join don't you Rock?))

message 18: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments (( Maybe...))

((You can if Ilsa says its okay))

message 20: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments ((Sure you can!))

Eria impassively watched him, her hands clasped behind her. Sometimes, it appeared as if she was in more control than he, though that was the furthest thing from the truth. She nodded. "I agree, Leo."

message 21: by Rock (last edited Jun 13, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Rock | 1130 comments The familiar sound of Cyra's cackle could be heard just outside the building. As per usual she had just returned from another trip of research on some far off world. She usually kept her findings, and the fact that she could easily travel through worlds, hidden from the other members. She just hoped her laugh hadn't brought attention to her. She rather not explain how she finally pulled off the spell that could make someone's insides there outsides, and there outsides there insides.

Leo however being a Kree of impeccable hearing picked up on the sound immediately. "Cyra," her called out knowing exactly who made the sound. Of course he would know everyone under him. Being the kind of creature he was he was also greatly aware of her... differences. He didn't know exactly where she went whenever she left but he was aware of her leavings of course the reek of blood on her upon her return from every trip. He almost in a way found it to be admirable.

message 23: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria heard as well, being a Kree as well. But when Leo responded, she found she didn't need to react at all. Instead, she stayed quiet, stonily still by Leo's side, and slightly behind.

message 24: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments There was a short pause when Cyra realized she had been discovered. She slowly crept up to the door and poked her head in. "Y-yes?" She asked, a bit nervously. She hoped she wasn't in trouble.

message 25: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments (( Brb dinner.))

"Don't act so frightened. I already know you sneak off every day to do something involved with dead. Do you think someone like me actually cares? No, I have a favor to ask of you. Step forward," he beckoned her to move closer to himself and Eria. He moved ever so slightly so that he was between Eria and Cyra. It was a natural response, something he always did when he told people to approach as Eria was almost always at his side. He allowed none to be near. He seldom let her do anything than patrol. He wasn't even sure if he had let her kill before. Eria's existence and her closeness was the only real sign of him having any kind of soft spot in his heart. As such he guarded viciously and greedily keeping her as far away from the spilling of blood as possibly.

message 27: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments She remained stony, although she tilted her head to see around Leo, to view Cyra, probably his latest victim of whatever plot he had in mind. His over-protectiveness could be annoying sometimes. She'd trained and trained in the art of assassination and fighting, only to discover that she really was of very little practical use to him, unless by ornamentation or legislative duty. Not by actually... participating in scuffles.

message 28: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments "What would you have me do?" Cyra asked. More perky now that she knew she wasn't in trouble. She peeked over at the girl behind lo. Was she interrupting something? Something "personal"?

Eria was of far more importance to Leo than any weapon or simple assassin. Over the years Leo had become rather fond of Eria. She was honestly his last link to whatever sanity he might have in his messed up mind. He wanted to keep her as pure as he could. Which was hard considering the first time he actually decided to keep her he had already sullied her with the sight of death.

"I want you to help me figure out how to get people to be more devout. How do we convince them to join instead of threatening? Raise morale so to speak," he asked Cyra staying completely firm between the two.

message 30: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eriador did not know any of this, but she would really wish she did. Yeah, that was kind of tough, seeing their murdered parents in a heap... good thing she made the right choice, right?

She looked down, feeling really pleased. He was taking her thoughts into consideration.

message 31: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments "Well most nocturnals are devout because Izar was usually somewhere close by... But if Tenderis doesn't show his face... I would offer a sort of... Religious service?" She offered. Unsure of what to say. It was an odd request.

"Religious service?" He questioned with a tilt of his head. He honestly had no clue what he was doing. The only reason Leo was head priest was because he made the cult and he would kill anyone who said otherwise. He however had little comprehension of how to keep the cult itself going. So her turned to both Eria and Cyra for help. "What should I do?"

message 33: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria brushed down the front of her outfit. "Well... if we have a priest, couldn't we summon Tenderis to do what he needs?" she asked. "If he wants to be a part of this world, wouldn't summoning him assure everyone we are in the right?"

message 34: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments "And perhaps a book of his feats for us to recollect while he is not here?" She offered loosely. She knew no one would bother writing that book for him.

"Both good ideas. I will have to think on both. Because of the situation I find it highly impossible to summon him. But a book to spread his beliefs might be a good idea," he said. "Perhaps maybe trying to be... n-i-c-e-r... could help," he said almost having trouble pronouncing the word.

message 36: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria had trouble hiding the unbridled excitement. Then she succeeded. "That sounds like an idea with a high probability of success," she smiled at him, at least unable to hide that.

message 37: by Rock (last edited Jun 13, 2016 07:30PM) (new)

Rock | 1130 comments "Oh no. You don't have to act nicer... Just try to change the people's view of fearful of you, to fearful of Tenderis. Show the people that we live because he allows us to. Not because you allow us to. We don't need a strong leader, we need a strong god, and through him you will grow stronger. Show us that living as he wants us to will at least keep us from his wrath," she said. "Using the Nocturnals as example again. We don't really love Izar in the same way other gods are loved. We follow her because she tends to not steal and tease as much as she does with those who don't follow her. We comply with her will because she has shown herself to be capable of all that she claims she can do, so we recognize her strength and decided it would be better to keep her happy rather than risk angering her, but keep in mind she still, at times, shows her power to remind us why we follow her. We may not be able to do the same with a god we cannot summon, but showing his will can give the same affect," she offered.

"Oh, true enough. I will be Tenderis' hand then. Through me his wishes will be exacted. I will show the people who they truly must fear," he said with a vicious smirk. Cyra's idea was far easier for one such as him. To try and be kind, like Eria most likely wished, would be a rather hard challenge.

message 39: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria bit her lip, wanting to strangle Cyra. She didn't show any of it.

message 40: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments Cyra was oblivious to her unshown anger. "But this does give me an idea to bring in more followers. Most gods are very close with there aspects. If you want to bring in more people, we need to focus on his aspects until we have enough followers to bring down the false ones!" She said.

"Very good, very good. And how do you purpose we go about this?" Leo asked completely oblivious to Eria's anger. "I think you have a great deal of good ideas, I believe you should help out more often."

message 42: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria turned her back to them both and focused on the landscape, zoning out. She didn't want to hear any of this.

message 43: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments ,

((I'm waiting on Rock))

message 45: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments ((*sigh*))

message 46: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments "Oh, no. I just happen to have a history pf experiencing of different church. I'm just taking what I know and putting it into here. Before I give any ideas though, what do you know about Tenderis? What are his ideals and powers residing over? Tell me about his skills," she said.

Leo suddenly paused for a moment bring the entire conversation to halt. There was a spark in his eyes. Some kind of realization. "We could summon him," he whispered quietly. "I just remembered how we can summon him, and I think the time is right," Leo said with a vicious grin.

message 48: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 1288 comments Eria's voice caught in her throat. That was good, because she wasn't speaking at the moment. Sure, she didn't look particularly interested, but her eyes flashed and her jaw tightened as she thought of summoning Tenderis. What in the world would he be like? His papers, the ones she'd first brought Leo from her father's study, had changed the happy, normal boy she'd known to a relentless killing fanatic. Worry and despair hung over her head like a black raincloud.

"I must get in touch with... someone as soon as possible. We will rain the garden where the gods grow their young. I have the perfect idea~" He said with a laugh. As if on Que a large gust of wind battered the world outside. "It seems that someone has arrived."

message 50: by Rock (new)

Rock | 1130 comments ((Oh come on! Really?))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13