Play Book Tag discussion

Danse Macabre
This topic is about Danse Macabre
June, 2016: Fantasy > Danse Macabre / Stephen King. 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8032 comments Danse Macabre / Stephen King
3 stars

This was originally published in 1981. It is an analysis/criticism of horror books, movies and tv from 1950 to 1980. Although King said more than once in the book that he doesn't like analyzing this stuff, that's what the book felt like to me. More like the analysis and criticism one is supposed to do in English classes, and I was never interested in doing that. I read for interest, fun, enjoyment (or sometimes to scare myself in the horror I read!). But, not to analyze. Because of that, I lost interest many times while reading the book. There were parts that I did find myself following; moreso for books, movies and/or tv I've already read or seen. Overall, I'm rating it “ok”, but I think it really wasn't my cup of tea.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6257 comments Hmmm, I'd probably find this interesting actually. I like King's non-fiction. I had no idea that's what this book was . . .

LibraryCin | 8032 comments Many people do like this one. You might, too. I really liked On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, but this one just wasn't nearly as good, I didn't think (my opinion, obviously).

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6257 comments LibraryCin wrote: "Many people do like this one. You might, too. I really liked On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, but this one just wasn't nearly as good, I didn't think (my opinion, obviously)."

I LOVED On Writing . . .so yes. Too bad this wasn't as good.

LibraryCin | 8032 comments If you try Danse Macabre, you may think differently from me, anyway. :-)