Making Connections discussion

A History of Native American Land Rights in Upstate New York
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 4381. - A HISTORY OF NATIVE AMERICAN LAND RIGHTS IN UPSTATE NEW YORK by Cindy Amrhein

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jun 13, 2016 11:49PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
History of Native American Land Rights in Upstate New York by Cindy Amrhein Cindy Amrhein

Genre: Non- fiction (history)

A History of Native American Land Rights in Upstate New York

Book Description:

A complex and troubled history defines the borders of upstate New York beyond the physical boundaries of its rivers and lakes. The United States and the state were often deceptive in their territory negotiations with the Iroquois Six Nations. Amidst the growing quest for more land among settlers and then fledgling Americans, the Indian nations attempted to maintain their autonomy. Yet state land continued to encroach the Six Nations. Local historian Cindy Amrhein takes a close and critical view of these transactions. Evidence of dubious deals, bribes, faulty surveys and coerced signatures may help explain why many of the Nations now feel they were cheated out of their territory.

Be one of the first 6 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this book to Read and Review!

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Of course posting on any other social sites would be fantastic! Example: iTunes, Facebook, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords and/or your Blog.

Formats available: Paperback

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 weeks after you receive your copy of the book.

Leave us your Name and email address.

Rian Nejar (riannejar) Looking forward to learning more...
Rian Nejar
nejarrian-at-gmail-dot-com
MOBI, please

message 3: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Rian I think the author only wants to give out paperbacks, are you interested in this?

message 4: by Cindy (last edited Jun 13, 2016 05:38AM) (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments I could email Rian for the address if that's OK. My book is through a publisher so the ebook files go direct from them to Amazon and other outlets. I do have paperback copies they sent me. It will come autographed. :)

Maybe just edit that one line above to say "copy of this book" rather than "copy of this ebook" so people don't get confused what their getting?

Rian Nejar (riannejar) Tana wrote: "Rian I think the author only wants to give out paperbacks, are you interested in this?"

Yes indeed, though I do have a bunch of paperback books lying around waiting to be read, and hence a diligent review may be somewhat delayed. :-)

Rian Nejar (riannejar) Cindy wrote: "I could email Rian for the address if that's OK. My book is through a publisher so the ebook files go direct from them to Amazon and other outlets. I do have paperback copies they sent me. It will ..."

Ok here, Cindy. Look forward to the book.

message 7: by Cindy (last edited Jun 13, 2016 05:08PM) (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments Rian (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote: Yes indeed, though I do have a bunch of paperback books lying around waiting to be read, and he..."

Well I can always hope you are so utterly enthralled with all the images in the book that you stick it closer to the top of the pile. :) I'll email you for your snail mail addy.

Indie Editor Nancy (indieeditornancy) | 33 comments I would be interested as well, I have both US and Canadian mail boxes. nancyarcreviewer@gmail.com

message 9: by Cindy (last edited Jun 13, 2016 11:46PM) (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments That's two. I'll email you for your address Nancy. Thank you. US address would be appreciated. :)

message 10: by Tony (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tony Parsons (gambino71) | 1565 comments tony parsons
110 w 6th ave #301
emporia ks 66801-4069

message 11: by Cindy (last edited Jun 14, 2016 01:54PM) (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments Tony is #3. Thank you. You might find the chapters on the removal to Kansas interesting. Three more left.

message 12: by Tony (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tony Parsons (gambino71) | 1565 comments history was my undergrad my stepmother was 1/2 Apache & made Pocahontas look like the wicked witch of the west

message 13: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments Ha! Well good then, Tony. I'm happy that there are people in the group with an interest in the subject. It seems a bit harder getting reviews for non-fiction.

message 14: by Rian (last edited Jun 16, 2016 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rian Nejar (riannejar) Cindy wrote: "...It seems a bit harder getting reviews for non-fiction."

A bit of an understatement, Cindy! After many dozens of books given away, reviews for my nonfiction work amount to fingers - on one hand. Shameless plug here...Tana would be more than justified in deleting this comment.

message 15: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments I made it to the post office today. (Can't drive myself just yet, I have tendinitis.)

Rian and Nancy I emailed you your tracking numbers. I can message you yours Tony if you like. It should be there Wednesday.

I still have three left if anyone else is interested.

message 16: by Rian (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rian Nejar (riannejar) Cindy wrote: "Rian (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote: Yes indeed, though I do have a bunch of paperback books lying around waiting to be read, and he..."

Well I can always hope you are so utterly enthralled with all the images ..."

Here you go, Cindy: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 17: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Amrhein (HistorySleuth) | 16 comments Thank you all for taking the time to review my book. Much appreciated.