Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Let's Partner Up! Challenge > Let's Partner Up! General Recommendations Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jun 26, 2016 06:17PM) (new)

Fran | 11006 comments This is the 'Let's Pair Up!' group recommendation thread.

After you make your recommendation for the week to your partner, you are welcome (and encouraged!) to post the rec(s) here.

If any participant chooses not to read their partner's rec, they are welcome to choose a rec from their group thread or from here.

This thread will generate recommendations from all of the groups, and will hopefully give you lots to choose from.

Remember, choosing a book that someone else recommended is not mandatory......you are allowed to find a book on your own, it just needs to fit the category rolled. If you really can't find anything on any rec list or on your own that you are interested in that fits the category, you can choose any book from your partner's 'read' shelf.

The 'Series Rule' applies to this challenge. If you are recommended something and it is not where you are in the series, you can read the correct book in the series for you. The same applies if you are choosing a book from your partner's shelf or your group thread or this general recommendations thread. You can always read the book in the series that fits where you are in the series.

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jun 12, 2016 04:52PM) (new)

Fran | 11006 comments For Example-

Fran- recommended Big Rock - category 1

No need to mention what week it is, etc. Just a quick line as to category number and book rec.
Participants can choose any from the list at any time, corresponding to their roll.

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jun 30, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Here are some lists and shelves in case anyone needs ideas for recommendations

Road trip romances- link to the page with several lists on it-
https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8...

Geek/Nerd romances- link to the page with lots of lists for geeky/nerdy characters-

Sports romances-

Artist/Dancer/Musician-

Humorous romances-

Western romances-

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments *

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1076 comments Poongothai rolled a 6~geek/nerd/opposites attract - im picking for her

The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion , graeme simison or How to Date a Nerd (How To, #1) by Cassie Mae , cassie mae

message 6: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Here are the recs i choose for my partner elizabeth

Week 1 she rolled 2= Artist/Dancer/Musician Romance

Have A Little Faith In Me by Brad Vance

Broken by Sage Whistler
Warning twincest

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Thanks for adding your recs Sallie and Emilie!

message 8: by Sandra (last edited Jun 30, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Sandra | 712 comments My picks for Amina for Category 1 Humorous Romance

Marry Your Billionaire by C.J. Anaya
3 AM Kisses (3 AM Kisses, #1) by Addison Moore

message 9: by Amina (new)

Amina My picks for Sandra. Category 5 sports romance

The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy or Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2077 comments Rec for KarenH - 5: Sports Romance

Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments My rec for Katie - 1 - Humorous Romance
How to Walk Like a Man (Howl At The Moon #2) by Eli Easton or Overruled (The Legal Briefs, #1) by Emma Chase

message 12: by Poongothai (new)

Poongothai (poongsa) | 298 comments My recommendations for Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) in the Sports category are

See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson and Knowing the Score (London Legends, #1) by Kat Latham

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1916 comments Emelie rolled 1-Humorous Romance and my reccs are:
New: The Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye and Sixty Five Hours by N.R. Walker (it's free here: https://nrwalker.net/free-reads/)
From TBR: Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1) by Mary Calmes

message 14: by ♎ Nereta♎ (last edited Jul 01, 2016 12:31AM) (new)

♎ Nereta♎  (littlecleo) | 50 comments For my partner I recommended these books: The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreaker Chronicles, #1) by Ali Novak or this one Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti
Its road trip romance

message 15: by Katherine (last edited Jul 01, 2016 09:36AM) (new)

Katherine (katkattrinn) | 629 comments Books for Nereta - Road Trip Romance
Infinity + One by Amy Harmon or The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 981 comments For my partner Nicole (who rolled a 5 ) I recommended
Game for Anything (Bad Boys of Football, #1) by Bella Andre or The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1) by L.H. Cosway

message 17: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1855 comments My rec for Ezi (rolled 4 - Western) - 2 mf and 1 mm
Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight, #1) by Sarah McCarty or High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1) by Linda Lael Miller or All Play and No Work (Cattle Valley, #1) by Carol Lynne

message 18: by Rachel C. (last edited Jul 01, 2016 07:10AM) (new)

Rachel C. (rachelus) | 578 comments My recs for Pam (rolled 5: sports romance):

Bound (Mastered, #1) by Lorelei James Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Double Play (Pacific Heat, #1) by Jill Shalvis

message 19: by Pam (last edited Jul 01, 2016 07:28AM) (new)

Pam | 1047 comments My recs for Rachel C.(artist/dancer/musician)
Ballroom Blitz by Lorelei James Waltz This Way (Ex Trophy Wives #3) by Dakota Cassidy Perfect Touch by Elizabeth Lowell

message 20: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Katherine wrote: "Books for Nereta
Infinity + One by Amy Harmon and The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1) by J.A. Redmerski"

Thanks for posting Katherine!

Can you please add the category the books are for? It makes it easier for someone searching through this thread to find a book that matches the category they are looking for. Thank you!

message 21: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Recs for Roger -Category 6- geek/nerd/opposites-
Astronomical
Blowing Off Steam

Recs for Amy-Category Sports-
Playing for Keeps (free on ARe)
Winning Bracket (on sale, 1.99 on ARe)

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Emelie rolled 1-Humorous Romance and my reccs are:
New: The Shearing Gun by Renae Kaye and Sixty Five Hours by N.R. Walker (it's free here: https://nrwalker.net/free-reads/)
From TBR: ..."

I LOVED Sixty Five Hours!

message 23: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Jul 01, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments My recommendations for ~Melissa~ for Category 6 - Geeks/Nerds/Opposites
The Witness by Nora Roberts or Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves or Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale or Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1) by Lisa Henry

message 24: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Jul 01, 2016 08:17PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Recommendations for Fran - Humorous
Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1) by N.R. Walker Serenading Stanley (Belladonna Arms #1) by John Inman

Recommendations for Roger - Geeks/Nerds/Opposites
Swap Meet by Lolita Lopez In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1) by Roan Parrish The Hot Floor by Josephine Myles

message 25: by Stacie (last edited Jul 01, 2016 02:32PM) (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1206 comments Recommendations to LaurLa

Week 1: 3 Road Trip Romance:

I have read none of these but the first one is on Mount
TBR

Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1) by Tessa Bailey by Tessa Bailey
One Ride (The Hellions Ride, #1) by Chelsea Camaron by Chelsea Camaron
Forever a Bridesmaid (Always a Bridesmaid #1) by Courtney Hunt by Courtney Hunt

message 26: by Grace (new)

Grace | 1284 comments Week 1~Picks for Connie~Geek/Nerd/Opposites Attract Romance

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1) by Jennifer Ashley The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood The Real Deal by Lucy Monroe Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 27: by Wende (new)

Wende | 946 comments Week 1 Pick for Jane (PS)~Road Trip
Family of Lies Sebastian by Sam Argent Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews

message 28: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments Recs for Sunshine, Road Trip Romance:

Do Over by Mari Carr - Short and oh so sweet!

Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti - Intense, first in the Sin Brothers series!

message 29: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments Thanks everyone for stopping by here and adding your recs!

It really gives everyone a lot more choice, and more books to add to our want-to- read shelves for a later date :)

message 30: by Roger - president of NBR United - (last edited Jul 02, 2016 08:25AM) (new)

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 1137 comments My picks for my two partners: for Fran - humorous
1. Shawn's Law
2. My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap!

For Amy: Sports:
1. The Understatement of the Year
2. Home and Away
3. Winging It

message 31: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (lyqrycy) | 548 comments My recommendation for Sassafrass (sports romance):
Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1) by Avon Gale by Avon Gale (MM)
Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey by R.S. Grey (YA/NA)
Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1) by Gina L. Maxwell by Gina L. Maxwell (MF)
Kulti by Mariana Zapata by Mariana Zapata(MF)

message 32: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments I thought of another Road Trip book for Sunshine - Into Deep Waters by Kaje Harper. It's a very emotional journey with this couple! It's a great story and the audio was fantastic!

message 33: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3334 comments Recommendations for Stacie for Western Romance:

Untethered by Marcia Lynn McClure - mostly sweet but still very good. I loved the heroine in this one.

Taming Eliza Jane (Gardiner, Texas Book 1) by Shannon Stacey - not so sweet and one of my favorites!

Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1) by Lorelei James - definitely NOT sweet... I keep meaning to read this series but keep forgetting about it!

message 34: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments My recs to Wende for Artist/Dancer etc:

Illumination by Rowan Speedwell - love speedwell's writing style
Perfect Imperfections by Cardeno C. - all round feel-good story
Gives Light (Gives Light, #1) by Rose Christo - wonderful atmosphere and a beautiful story

message 35: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments Hey everyone! If any of you are planning on reading this month's Group Buddy Read book, Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey, it would work great for the Road Trip category here. As of the beginning of chapter 3 the location has already changed twice, with more to come I'm sure!

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1916 comments My recs for Emelie for Geek/nerdy/opposites (all MM reads):

Unwrapping Hank
Infected: Prey
Guarded (free here: http://www.mmromancegroup.com/guarded...)

message 37: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19628 comments My recs for Wende (sports):

Heart of the Race
Tigerland
Superhero on your TBR

message 38: by Stacie (new)

Stacie  (cowmingo) | 1206 comments Recommendations for LaurLa for Artist/Dancer/Musician romance

Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy, #2) by Ilsa Madden-Mills by Ilsa Madden-Mills So this is number 2 in the series but I don't think you miss much if you skip #1. #1 was good, #2 and #3 were awesome (imo).

The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1) by Suanne Laqueur by Suanne Laqueur I kind of devoured this series. So so good.

The Genius and the Muse by Elizabeth Hunter by Elizabeth Hunter I flew through this one. I picked it up because I needed a green cover for a challenge and ended up really liking it.

message 39: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11006 comments recs for Amy- category 2- artist/dancer/musician

Forbidden Broadway - free
Dancing Lessons
Chaos & Hype

message 40: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2077 comments Recs for KarenH - 6: Geeks/Nerds/Opposites Attract

Attraction (Elements of Chemistry #1; Hypothesis, #1.1) by Penny Reid Just For You by Jet Mykles

message 41: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katkattrinn) | 629 comments Books for Nereta - Sport Romance
Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans or Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett

message 42: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:20AM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments My Week 2 recommendations for ~Melissa~ (Category 5 ~ Sports Romance)
The River Leith by Leta Blake Not Yet (Not Yet, #1) by Laura Ward Dirty English (English, #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills

message 43: by Emeli (new)

Emeli Webb | 292 comments Week 2

My recs for elizabeth
humorous books

Daniel & Erik’s Super Fab Ultimate Wedding Checklist by K.E. Belledonne
I read this book for the mm scavenger hunt and i loved it

Loving Jay (Loving You, #1) by Renae Kaye
Has a place in my heart because this was my first mm read and i loved it

message 44: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 6904 comments Picks for Katie for week 2 - Geek/Nerd/Opposites Attract:

Apples Should Be Red by Penny Watson The Duchess War (Brothers Sinister, #1) by Courtney Milan Taxes and TARDIS by N.R. Walker

message 45: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 1855 comments Week 2 picks for Ezi - Opposite/Geek/Nerd Attract:

Heart-Shaped Hack (Kate and Ian, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves
His at Night by Sherry Thomas
Under Locke by Mariana Zapata
The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1) by J.R. Ward

message 46: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 19730 comments Week 2 picks for Sunshine - Geek, Nerd, Opposites Attract Romance.

Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye - Definitely opposites attract, but with an accountant you get the geek too! LOVED this one! Short, but oh so good!

My Roommate's a Jock? Well, Crap! by Wade Kelly - Very much a geeky nerd, but again opposites attracting.

Taxes and TARDIS by N.R. Walker - I tried to find different books than have been previously recommended, but had to include this one anyway!

A few other options - again more opposites, those seemed to catch my attention more!
Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare - Love everything she writes! The beginning of her RS I-Team series.
Sway by Lauren Dane - Recently read this and enjoyed it.
Lumberjack in Love by Penny Watson - Cute story, I liked it!

message 47: by ♎ Nereta♎ (last edited Jul 08, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

♎ Nereta♎  (littlecleo) | 50 comments Week 2

Geek/Nerd/Opposite attracts

My pick for Katherine:

Geek Girl (Geek Girl, #1) by Holly Smale and Make it Count (Bowler University, #1) by Megan Erickson

message 48: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 712 comments Picks for Amina. Week 2 Geek/Nerd/Opposite

Breaching His Defenses (Love Hack, #1) by Allyson Lindt
Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1) by Pepper Winters
You Aren't the Boss of Me by Imari Jade
Forbidden Pleasures (Pleasures, #1) by M.S. Parker
His Secretary Undone (A Novel Deception, #1) by Melanie Marchande

message 49: by ❀~Amy~❀ (last edited Jul 08, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

❀~Amy~❀ (ajpayne75) | 546 comments Recommendations for Fran - Artist/Dancer/Musician

Better Than Good
Social Skills
Easy

Recommendations for Roger - Humorous
Tailor Made
Blowing It
The Lightning-Struck Heart

Roger - president of NBR United - (roger_presidentofnbrunited) | 1137 comments Recommendation for Fran And Amy both Rolled for Artist/Dancer/Musician

Fran:
Keeping Promise Rock
My Fair Captain

Amy:
Love Comes Silently
St. Nacho's

with a suggestion she also check out My Fair Captain

« previous 1 3