Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Book Pool: July 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 168 (168 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 12, 2016 04:06PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments It's that time again! Let's fill our Book Pool!

A huge THANK YOU to Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) for helping with this challenge this month (and possibly a few more!)

If you've never played, here are the rules:

Directions:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool."

2. You can pick any book as long as they are YA and have been released before the challenge has started. Please no duplicates.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool."

4. At the end of the month whoever read the most books from the pool is the champion of that month!

Have fun!

The challenge begins on July 1st.
To claim points, please don't finish your books from the pool until then!

You can sign up and add books until June 30th .
After June 30th, You can join right in by claiming points - just don't add books to the pool!

message 2: by Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (last edited Jul 30, 2016 08:45PM) (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Players:

Number of Books Read: 113

1.) Vicki- 4
2.) Cheryl- 6
3.) Elena.M- 5
4.) Lunireads- 3
5.) Marybeth- 4
6.) Chelsea- 1
7.) Michelle- 2
8.) Krista- 1
9.) Serena- 3
10.) Beth
11.) Kitty
12.) Katherine- 2
13.) Katrina
14.) Allison- 8
15.) Nhi- 4
16.) Cynthia
17.) Alicia- 14
18.) Grace- 3
19.) Sarah B- 1
20.) Morgan- 1
21.) Emily1536
22.) Dezra- 1
23.) Kelly- 3
24.) Kelly- 4
25.) Kat
26.) Susan- 6
27.) Jennifer (livresaddicted)- 2
28.) Belle
29.) Sarah- 1
30.) Annish
31.) Rin- 7
32.) Megan- 2
33.) Vanessa- 4
34.) Michelle
35.) Jillian- 2
36.) Emma
37.) Ashley
38.) Marylene- 4
39.) Jasmine- 1
40.) Taylor
41.) Jenn- 1
42.) Brenna- 2
43.) Charly
44.) Jamieson- 1
45.) Cara- 1
46.) Lindsay- 2
47.) Danni- 4
48.) Trisha- 3

message 4: by Vicki (last edited Jun 12, 2016 11:23PM) (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Already? Wow!

Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard The Memory Book by Lara Avery If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

message 6: by Elena.M (new)

Elena.M | 66 comments This is the first time I'm trying the book pool. It seems really interesting!
So the books I'd like to be included in the book pool are https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Looks like you guys picked out some good books. :)

message 8: by Lunireads (new)

Lunireads | 52 comments I'm in
Wanderlost by Jen Malone Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales

message 9: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments I'm in.
The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3) by Marie Rutkoski Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Morrison (chelsealouise07) I'm terrible at keeping up at these when the time comes, but I like adding more books to the pool.

Lady Knight (Protector of the Small, #4) by Tamora Pierce Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2) by Alexandra Bracken Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom

message 12: by Krista (new)

message 13: by Alyson (new)

message 14: by Beth (new)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Serena wrote: "The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie RyanTranscendence (Transcend Time Bonus Packet) by Michelle MadowHeartbreak (Stripped, #1.5) by Skye Warren"

Hello! I'm concerned about Skye Warren due to the fact that it appears to be New Adult. Could you choose another book to add to the pool?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Almost 50 books in the pool!

message 21: by Mbee (new)

message 23: by Alicia (new)

message 24: by Grace (new)

message 26: by Morgan (new)

message 27: by Dezra (new)

message 28: by Kelly (last edited Jun 21, 2016 10:31PM) (new)

message 29: by Kelly (new)

message 30: by kat (last edited Jun 22, 2016 10:55PM) (new)

kat angelic-elf (nerdy-kat-angelic-elf) | 61 comments Im in!

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 31: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2188 comments I would love to do this challenge. Not sure if I am adding the books right.
The Neverland Wars by Audrey Greathouse
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi

Imperfectly Belle I've only just joined this group and I absolutely love this idea for a challenge! We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

message 34: by Sarah Louise (new)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) | 570 comments I'm in :)

Zenith (The Androma Saga #1) by Sasha Alsberg The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Nhi wrote: "The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North"

Hello! The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August appears to be shelved under Adult. Could you pick another book that is YA?

message 36: by purelyanna (new)

purelyanna I'll join!

Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot
A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle
Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism (Molly Moon, #1) by Georgia Byng

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Welcome to everybody joining! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Make sure to check the comments to see if you need to pick another book!

message 39: by Rin (new)

Rin (nasrinnie) | 151 comments Confessions The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss With Malice by Eileen Cook

I'll join :)

message 40: by Mbee (new)

Mbee Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Nhi wrote: "The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North"

Hello! The First Fifteen Live..."

Okay You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour

message 41: by Megan (last edited Jun 27, 2016 10:08AM) (new)

Megan | 52 comments I'm in!
The Leaving by Tara Altebrando The Crown's Game (The Crown's Game, #1) by Evelyn Skye Please Don't Tell by Laura Tims

message 45: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Gaddis | 4 comments im new too

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Rin wrote: "The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3) by James Patterson The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss With Malice by Eileen Cook

I'll join :)"

I'm concerned with The Name of the Wind because it is an adult book, could you choose another YA book?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Updated! Only a couple more days to add books!

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readmewriteme) | 1 comments

message 50: by Rin (new)

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.