YA LGBT Books discussion

Freak Camp: Posts From a Previously Normal Girl (Vol. 1)
This topic is about Freak Camp
Self-Promotion > Jessica V. Barnett

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments Hi all -- I'm running a giveaway on Freak Camp: Posts From a Previously Normal Girl until the end of May. I hope you will check it out!
Jessica

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16656 comments Do you have a link for the giveaway?

message 3: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments Thanks, Kaje! I'm new at this!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 4: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments The review that wasn't.

From another site, not Goodreads:

Current status: Your book has been rejected without being fully read. ... This is what the reviewer had to say:

"It is not that I hate the book. I don't, but that was the only option I was given. It is just that I am not comfortable reading about young girls kissing other young girls. While I think it is written well, I do not believe I am the best person to be reviewing it."

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 716 comments Pretty typical, most LGBT books get at least a couple homophobic reviews. At least she didn't give it a low rating? Was it just listed as a DNF?

message 6: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments Yes, DNF or the equivalent for this site, which is no review at all. No harm done, except the usual prickling of my, at times, thin skin. Onward.

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments I thought I'd follow up with the happy ending to my review saga:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/view...

message 8: by S. (new)

S. Aksah | 11 comments You are welcome to add me if you like :)

message 9: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Barnett | 16 comments S. wrote: "You are welcome to add me if you like :)"

Interested in doing a review? :)