Reader's Choice Book Club--Frisco Public Library discussion

The Paying Guests
This topic is about The Paying Guests
2016 Meetings > June 2016: The Paying Guests

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments I didn't see a post yet so I made one.

Me so far:
Part 1: oh...
Part 2: oh my...
Part 3: oh my goodness!
(all in a British accent of course)

message 2: by Britney (new) - added it

Britney (bookishbritney) | 109 comments Sorry and thank you! I just started it today so now I'm curious what your commentary means.

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments Britney wrote: "Sorry and thank you! I just started it today so now I'm curious what your commentary means."

Ha!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments I listened for an hour so far (30 pagesin the book), not impressed.

message 5: by Britney (new) - added it

Britney (bookishbritney) | 109 comments Just finished it and this week's discussion may be interesting.

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments It gets more interesting, Jim. Britney, I have aready tried to imagine the discussion. Lol!

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments Just finished listening to ch 2. it could not get any more boring. may have to do my "Discovery of Witches" ending to this one.

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments I don't know what that means.

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 36 comments Oh wait for the meeting and Jim will explain more.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments Well now you have to wait for the meeting... I'm through ch 5...all things being equal, I'd rather be listening to ben affleck's commentary from Armageddon.

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 36 comments Sadly I'll be missing the meeting tonight. Have fun discussing the book.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments I will be missing as well. My gym time got taken this morning and I don't want to get home at midnight. Halfway through chapter 5 I believe. The big revelation was not a revelation to me. Was anybody surprised?

message 13: by Britney (new) - added it

Britney (bookishbritney) | 109 comments Aw, no! We'll miss you guys tonight.

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments What part did you consider the big reveal?

message 16: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments i was only in chapter 5 when i posted that

Courtney (courtneyparkervo) | 61 comments I had a revelation today as I was doing my first trek into the world of Moby Dick. The Paying guest was longer.

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments in so many ways

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim (therapon24601) | 139 comments I finished listening to this book on Thursday, 7/14/16. These 3.5 weeks were the longest year of my life. On the plus side the performer for the Audible Audio Book was wonderful.