Dread Forest (roleplay) discussion

Both Kingdoms > Boundary Line

Comments Showing 1-50 of 215 (215 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
The Queen rides with her fellow warriors to make sure none of the Crimson Burn warriors has crossed into her land.
Meanwhile Crimson Burn is thinking the exact same thing.

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 2192 comments Mod
Aelin slowed her horse to a stop as she scanned the boundary.

Slowly, she climbed down from the saddle.

Aelin knew something wasn't right. The shadows weren't speaking to her and even her demons had gone quiet. She couldn't find Maltra anywhere. Where had he gone?
Her warriors were tense and ready as they all withdrew their swords.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra gently rubbed the muzzle of his spooked horse. The dark colored mare sniffed the air, her warm breaths heavy on Maltra's gloved hand. His silver hair caught the light as he raised his head, purple eyes narrowing. Pulling his dark hood over his head, he pulled onto the mare and kicked her into a canter.

Aelin focused her ears on the forest. The birds weren't even singing. She turned to her warrior:
"Where is Maltra?"

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra's horse cantered out of the gloom, appearing like he came from thin air as he slowed to a trot to Aelin and her warriors. He stayed silent as his horse slowed to a stop next to Aelin. He waited for her to speak first, as normal.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Since you just posted, how about its Aelin, me, you))

Aelin watched as Maltra came into view. He stopped in front of her and she knew he would wait for her to speak first. He always did.
She mentally smiled.
"My dear Maltra, wherever have you been? Something is wrong with the forest today. The shadows do not speak to me and even my demons have stopped fighting me. You almost missed the fight that I see brewing."
Aelin turned to her warriors. "Ready your swords. I don't like how this feels."

Aelin whispered once more to Maltra: "I think we are being watched."

(( I'm fine with that. Sorry I have to refresh the page every time a new comment is made))

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra's head turned to the trees and shadows. With his hood hovering over his head, the shadow that covered his face revealed nothing. Nothing could be seen past the blackness covering his face by the hood. It seemed he was staring either straight at Takuya, or straight past him.

Aelin watched as Maltra assessed the situation. A headache started pounding at the base of her skull. Not again. Not now. She mentally kicked herself to get control.

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Go ahead))

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra frowned, then eyed Aelin. Seeing her pained expression, he bit his lip in the darkness of the hood. "Shadows are deceiving." He paused as he stared into the darkness once more. Nothing. His brows furrowed. "Perhaps today they are playing games with you. I advise not to play along."

Aelin looked up at Maltra. His eyes were so beautiful. She shook herself.
"I'm not so sure of that, Maltra. This feels...different. I can't explain it."
She grimaced once more as pain shot through her head.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra tensed, and his horse stepped unsteadily. Maltra abruptly slipped off his horse, whole body stiff. Narrowing his eyes to the shadows, he sensed... Something. He began scanning the area. He checked to make sure they were on their side of the boundary. Daring, Maltra stepped close to the boundary, so close he was a few inches from crossing onto the other territory.

Aelin watched Maltra as he tempted fate. She withdrew her bow and fixed an arrow between the strings. Her demons were getting restless. She mentally pushed them back. Was it getting harder to push them back?

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra remained still. Shoulders partially relaxing, he took a step back. "Like I said. The shadows love to play games." He retreated to his horse, but eyed the shadows.

Aelin gave a wary glance to the shadows. They danced as if in joy. For what, Aelin did not know. Only she could see them, only she had to bear the burden. She turned to Maltra.
"I don't like this, Maltra. I don't like it at all, but maybe your right. Maybe they are just playing games."
Although, Aelin knew this was far from the truth. The shadows never did something without knowing they would receive something in return. Most of the time they were good to Aelin, but she knew they could not be trusted. Very few could.

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra turned his back on the shadows, something he did often. He did not fear darkness. He leapt onto the mare, and kicked her into an on-the-slow-side canter, not waiting for the others. Most considers it rude to go ahead of the queen, but she knew it was for her protection and to scout the area. He didn't trust her going first, after all. The Boundary was a place where the queen should never go first...

Aelin watched as Maltra scouted ahead. She took no offense to it, but worry must have been etched onto her face.
A slight breeze ruffled her hair, but it didn't effect the warriors. She whirled with her bow and found that she was staring into the eyes of Luciana. She had met the girl before, and didn't particularly care for the girl, but her skill was undeniable.
This girl had never battled me before. She didn't know what was coming to her.

message 25: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltese had whirled around and pointed a sword at Luciana's throat in a swift movement. He had swung off the mare and met the Crimson Burn people in a single second. He revealed no emotion as he pointed the sword at Luciana's throat and eyed the other male assassin. "Excuse me," Maltra said in a calm but deadly voice, "you crossed the border." He glanced down at their feet and nodded at their feet inches over the border on their side.

message 27: by The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~, Queen Aelin Shadowsen (last edited Jun 12, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Aelin's demons were loving this. She couldn't hold them back for much longer. Why? She had no clue. She gave a strangled cry as the pain intensified.
"Ma...Mal....Maltra!" She clutched her head in agony as darkness pooled from her fingers. She saw the shadows draw closer to her and felt the fire before it erupted from her fingers, mixing with the shadows.
Her face turned to stone as the demons transformed her into....into a monster. Her hair turned fiery red as the flames took over her body. The darkness was trying to fight it. Dark against light. Well a form of light. A battle in itself. She felt her canines elongate farther than what they already were. A roar escaped from her throat that sounded more animal than human. Oh crap. They were all in deep trouble.

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Let's continue when Aech gets back))

((fine by me. when will you be back Aech?!))

((sorry Aech...hold on let me see if Rachel is on))

message 31: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((Srry I was at a thing)) Maltra's eyes narrowed at the sight of Aelin's transformation. He swore under his breath, sword still raised at the enemies' throats. He had to get Aelin out. All of the soldiers had ran in fear, and Maltra clenched his teeth in frustration.

Aelin gave another roar and the trees surrounding them began to shake. What was happening? Usually she could control her powers, but something wasn't right....

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra dropped his sword once they left. Shoving it in its sheath, he snatched Aelin's wrists and forced her to look at him. His hood went down from the force of this action, revealing brightly gleaming silver hair and fierce purple eyes. "Aelin! Fight it!" He ordered, staring intently at her blood red eyes.

My body began to convulse. I could feel my mind burning with the effort to stay in control.
"I..I ca...I can't! It..s.....too...mu....much."

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee He clenched his teeth. The shadows despised light. They despised friendship. They despised love. Sucking in a breath, Maltra growled, "Than I'll make you." He pulled Aelin forward and tugged their lips together. Not the most romantic kiss they'd ever had, but an emotional and powerful one. Maltra could feel Aelin melting under his strong hold.

Aelin could feel herself gaining control. Could feel the shadows and demons righting themselves, but most of all she could feel Maltra. She felt....loved.

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee Maltra pulled away. He was always the one to pull away. He stared at her as her red eyes faded. He kept staring forward, not dating to look back at the shadows. He tugged his hood forward before turning. He didn't trust them getting a look at his face. Silver hair. That's all they will ever know. He kept walking. The mare had ran away when her majesty transformed. As did the soldiers. "Come, my lady," he said fiercely. "We must keep going." He acted like the kiss never happened, but it was the only thing he thought of as they continued.

Aelin couldn't stop blushing as they made their way home. She was a little disappointed that he pulled away but knew it was for the best.
"I don't know what happened. One minute I was in control and the next..."

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee "Don't bother making excuses. Not everyone is strong all the time," Maltra said in his growl-like tone.

She looked up at Maltra.

"Yes, but I am a queen. I am supposed to be strong. I am supposed to keep my kingdom safe. If my control could slip that easily then how am I supposed to do that?"

((sorry Aech. I know we r going out of order))

((what do we do now?))

((I'm going to the Garden. Aech..did u make a Dread Forest character? If so then come with Rachel and I!))

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bybee ((We could meet at the Forest, like Helia attacks Isa, and Crimson Burn characters and Aelin and Maltra sense danger and go there and a battle can start happening there or something)

((have fun at school! lol))

((Rachel has a point))

message 47: by Grace (new)

Grace (markedforcourt) Kinsley stumbled across the borderline soaking wet, and shaking with equal parts cold and relief. At long last she ws home. She forced herself to hide behind a tree on the Dread Forest side before she collapsed to the ground exhausted. Hopefully someone would come soon.

Desemae walked through the woods while making small tornadoes out of leaves. Nature was her only friend today. The Queen has issues of her own and Desemae didn't want to add to them.
As she came around a tree a gasp escaped from her throat. A girl was lying on the ground, drenched! Desemae rushed over to the girl and looked her over.
"Miss? Miss! Are you alright?"

message 49: by Grace (last edited Jul 02, 2016 05:25PM) (new)

Grace (markedforcourt) Kinsley looked up to meet the strange girl's eyes, her noble upbringing kicking in. "No I'm not alright thanks for asking. Not to be rude but-" But what? She needed help and if being a bit pushy was the way to get that than so be it. "I need help," she admitted. "Badly."

Desemae watched the girl with interest. She must be a noble if she answered her like that.
"Okay. I can help you. What's the problem?"
Run out of lipstick?
Desemae knew what it was like to be a noble, but she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. Hopefully this girl isn't too bad.

« previous 1 3 4 5