The Song of Creation (fantasy RP) discussion

Soulion > Egg plant Fields

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Eoraptor (last edited Jun 21, 2016 11:01PM) (new)

Eoraptor  (Mortus) | 2898 comments Mod
A large field in the large of creation dedicated to egg plants which the Gods use to create new life.

Eggplant pictures;

http://www.elfwood.com/u/tharlos/imag...

http://www.elfwood.com/u/ursus305/ima...

Night ~People Sometimes Scare Me~ | 1158 comments Mod
Flora was quietly humming to herself as she played with the plants scattered around her. She had only come to pick some crops, but a great many vines had ended up tangled around her legs as if to tell her they didn't want her to leave. So the nature goddess didn't. Instead she sat there happily playing with the twisting vines she though to be so beautiful. Like this, the goddess was truly happy.

message 3: by Eoraptor (new)

Fathamore flew in with a earnest, happily crying out as he landed a rushed over to two orange egg plants with his mark on them and watched in anticipation as one of them began to to shake. He was edict,y too say the ll east as despite being on of the chief gods, he didn't create much other than a few animals and plants, so these two were going to be his second sentient race he made after the dragons. So he watched in wide eyed awe at the beginnings of the life he created, not even noticing the nature goddess that was sitting nearby.

Flora of course being a nature goddess was terrified of the large fire bird that had landed before her. The planets around her instantly recoiled when she was hit with a potent wave of fear. She felt light headed and wanted to run for her life but the girl was petrified. So she simply watched in silence awaiting whatever horror might befall her. She respected Fathamore, there was no twisting that any which way. He of course saved everyone. But that didn't stop her fear of fire what so ever. She kept her mind from wondering about whatever may come form the eggplants. She squashed down the thought of some terrible hulk of a fire monster and tried to give the kind fire god the benefit of the doubt. But it was hard for the poor nature goddess to see anything but a monster when she saw fire. After all in her eyes fire was one of the biggest causes of death for plant and animals besides each other. She could control plant and animals so they didn't hurt each other though. She couldn't control fire.

message 6: by Eoraptor (new)

((Sorry! :))

"Do not fear Flora, I have no wish to harm you. I am here to see my new children into the world," Fatgamore said to the goddess in a warm conforming voice as he watched a tiny foot break through the egg. He understood why the nature goddess fear him as he was the God of fire. However he wished it wasn't so as the two shared the same love for those under their care and could be fast friends if she could overcome her fear. Still that was a problem for another time as he could hear the soon to be born child crying out as it tried to break free.

Flora watched silently. She still couldn't bring herself to move, but at least she wasn't to terrified. She watched the small creature trying to break free with small curiosity. Being Mother Nature in a sense she had overseen the birth of many creatures. Other gods would often ask her for help from time to time. So curiously she peered over at the fire god watching his new children. She sat in a patch of egg plants that were far from sprouting but each one flourished with a different life.

message 8: by Eoraptor (new)

Once the little one had broken a big enough hole, the gentle fire God reached in and pulled out a slimy screaming baby boy with fiery orange feathers on his head and wings. Setting the child, down he look down on the newborn with love in his eyes that can't be describe with words as he said. "Welcome my son, Raman, firstborn of the Infernas."

message 9: by Night ~People Sometimes Scare Me~ (last edited Jun 12, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Flora watched in awe. The small child was not the kind of creature that she had been expecting. "Infernas," she whispered to herself quietly with a kind of reverence. She made sure to burn the word into her memory. True it was a fire creature, but just as well it was a living thing. Flora was almost able to look completely past the fact she was scared of anything fire related. Her curiosity grew more and more and she almost wanted to go over and inspect the small child. But fear still rooted her in place.

message 10: by Eoraptor (last edited Jun 12, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

"Do you want to hold him, Goddess of nature," the firebird asked as he went about preening the child's head and wing feathers in an attempt to clean off the slime. It wasn't the best way to clean the child, but it was the best he could do, considering that he had no hands and that had to careful using his sharp beak lest he hurt the newborn.

She finally took a couple cautious steps forward. "What... is it?" She asked curiously. She marveled at the glittering feathers on its head. She wanted to reach out and touch it, but caution still ruled over her. She wanted to make completely sure she wasn't going to get hurt before she dared to go to close. It would be so very easy for her to be gravely hurt by just a little flame.

message 12: by Eoraptor (new)

"He is an Infernas, the first of a new race, and fear not for he is but a newborn babe and the only fire has now is in his soul," Fathamore reassured the nature goddess as he sat over the just born babe in the fashion that a mother hen would sit over her chicks.

Flora leaned toward it smiling softly. She cleaned off the slime that Fathamore had mixed expertly. "How cute, what world will he inhabit," she asked her eyes softening and becoming warm. If there was one thing Flora could never bring herself to dislike, it was babies. Even ones that could potentially grow up to decimate a forest with how much fire they had. She couldn't help but instantly love the child.

message 14: by Eoraptor (new)

"Thank you, and as for what world will he inhabit, well I would like him to chose once he's old enough to leave my care though I hope that won't be for sometime yet," Fathamore replied while he looked upon the babe with endless love in his eyes while the child look back with wide eyed innocence of one just born.

Flora nodded silently. "The worst part is always watching them go. Trust me. Hopefully he will choose a peaceful world where he and his kind can live happily together. The worst is when your child turns against you..." She said with a slight sound of morning haunting her normally gentle and chime like voice. A bitter smile crossed her lips as painful memories trudged themselves up. "But I doubt something like that will happen to such a sweet and adorable baby," she cooed.

message 16: by Eoraptor (new)

"Yes, the only other sentient race I have created are the dragons, and they live here, so this will be the first time I will have to let any of my children go. The fact that so many worlds are being taken over by Tenderis's minions doesn't help and I have felt the pain of seeing my children turn against me. However, in the same way that they have faith in us, we must have faith in them," Fathamore said as he took to running his beak through little Raman's head feathers.

"Indeed. If we stifle our children they cannot grow and ultimately if we don't let them grow they will either wither like a flower or learn to live off the demise of others much like a weed. I have very few children left as most of my children were from before the way and they either perished or fell to Tenderis in order for salvation. I believe that some of my favorite planet to visit might be creating a cult to him. Such a realization of my worst fears is something I've been trying to deny, but recently it seems as though they are coming true," she whimpered tears streaming down her face as she shook slightly. All her fear and weakness easily coming out, she honestly couldn't take it. She wanted her old home back, she wanted the One World back. She missed her told life.

message 18: by Eoraptor (new)

At the sight of the nature goddess crying he took the other egg which had started to shake as well and placed it her arms. "What's done is done, we can't remain in the past lest we lose the future ahead. Look around, you new life is being made all around you, and I'm sure at least two of them are yours. Don't despair, for even in darkest of places, the firefly still shines."

Flora nodded quietly. "But sometimes you can't help but be scared of the future. The war of the past is not yet over as much as everyone would like to pretend it is. Darkness is on the horizon and I can taste the acidic taste of death on the air. No amount of words can make me stop being scared of what I know will come. But I promise I will try and be brave," she said quietly taking the egg and holding it close to her heart with the warmth and ferocity of a mother.

message 21: by Eoraptor (new)

"I know, I fear for the future as well, seeing as it's my children fighting on the front lines everyday. However, if we give into our fears then the darkness has already won. So we must have courage like you said and rember that the future isn't all darkness. There's hope as well in the new dawn," Fathamore replied and as if to prove his point, a tiny hand broke through the shell right over the goddess's heart.

Flora couldn't stop the tears that continued to stream down her face but her face wasn't quite as somber and the tears not quite as bitter. "I'm not really being very fair to you. Your children brave the evils and fight while I silently hide my away hoarding them from anything dark and somehow in the end still failing. I'm really a terrible goddess huh?" She said with a small smile.

message 23: by Eoraptor (new)

"Believe me, I wish I could do what you and keep my children safe, but to do so would be leaving all mortals to the darkness, and my brave children have made their stance crystal clear," He replied as he look on at the egg in Flora's arms. "Now as you have my future daughter in your arms would you mind helping her out?"

"Of course," giving the small child a helping hand out of her egg. Just as the first Flora helped to clean off the small child as best she could. "She's beautiful," Flora purred happily running a finger against the child's cheek.

message 25: by Eoraptor (new)

"Yes, she is," he said as he looked over his new daughter with the same love in his eye that he had for his son."if you want you can name her," he offered.

"Oh no, I've never been very good with name," she said with a sheepish smile. It was true though. Flora was pretty bad with names, especially coming up with them off the top of her head.

message 27: by Eoraptor (new)

"I'm sure that it will be beautiful ," Fathamore assured her as he lan his beak through the newborns hair,

"How about..." She paused for a couple moments falling to silence as she pondered a name. You had to be careful when naming a child because you aren't just naming a child, your naming an adult who will carry that name with them their entire life. "What about Aislin?" She said, the words tumbling out of her mouth. Something about the name felt right.

message 29: by Eoraptor (new)

"It's a beautiful name, Aislin and Raman, first born of the Infernas, and my precious son and daughter," Fathamore said with love in every word as he took upon his new children. However this tender moment was broken when one of the eggplants began to rouse.

"What's that?" Flora whispered to herself quietly glancing at the plant. It was most certainly not one of her own and it didn't seem to look like one of Fathamore's either. That was obvious. "Whose is that?"

message 31: by Eoraptor (new)

"This plant is unclaimed and is looking for someone to put their mark on it and fill it with a new race," Fathamore explained as he watched a second one rouse,

Flora paused for a moment. "I can't," she said quietly turning away. "I fear my strength is waning... I don't have the heart to bring another race into this world. Not on my own. How sad, a goddess of nature who can't bring herself to create new life. I think I'm broken," she said with a small and bitter smile.

message 33: by Eoraptor (new)

"I can't create new one ether as my wings are now full with these two," Fathamore said looking down at the two newborns. "However if you wish it, I can give you some of my power so that you can sing a new race if you wish."

Flora paused. She had an idea as to what she might want to make. "Have you ever heard of Wyverns? They are an idea I had long ago, but then the war happened. I do not know if another god ever got around to creating them," she said.

message 35: by Eoraptor (new)

"The only race I've created besides these little ones are the dragons," He answered.

"Alright then, I will create the Wyverns," she said in a determined voice. "When I first thought of the Wyverns they were inspired a great deal by your dragons, so if you would a little of your strength?" She said with a smile. For the first time in a long time she was starting to feel happy again.

message 37: by Eoraptor (new)

"Right on it," Fathamore replied as he touched Flora's hand to his beak and let out a warm breath, transferring as much of his power over as he could afford. Once that was done, he motioned over the plant, "Now go, sing your children into existence."

((Okay, so we have then as friends now, so how do we take things to the next level?))

message 38: by Night ~People Sometimes Scare Me~ (last edited Jun 12, 2016 07:12PM) (new)

((I don't know. Maybe we should have someone bully her)

Flora let the song slip from her throat in a gentle but strong tune full of both the nature of life and spark of flames. The creatures she intended to make would be powerful and know a life of flame, but at the same time would be the guardians of earth. They would band together in order to aid Fathamore's children in their war.

message 39: by Eoraptor (new)

((Oh how about, Fathamore if we have it so that Fathamore has been head over heels for Floral, but didn't make any advances as he know Floral was afraid of him. Now that she's starting lose that fear he now has a chance to open up.))

Fathamore, listened to the song of earth and fire, and marveled at the beauty of it all. Absorbing every tune as it became a part of tr sacred song of creation. As the song ended, the pair egg plants closed in preparation for forming a new egg. Look ing over at the nature goddess he said, "You didn't have to make them allies in my children's plight, thank you."

((Oh my gosh, that is the most adorable idea in the world~))

"Trust me, its going to be what they want," she said gently leaning down next to the plants. "For a long time I have been helpless, but these two will be strong. They will want to fight for their world in the way I have always been to fearful to do. After the day I lost my mind to death when I thought life was coming to an end I have ever been to scared to again take up violence to protect what I truly care about. These little ones are going to help me because they will share my wish for a brighter, kinder, happier future where no fighting must be done," she said in a soft gentle voice almost like a prayer.

message 41: by Eoraptor (new)

"Floral, I am so happy that you found your courage, now it's time for me to find mine," Fathamore said as he took a deep and look at her with her with his deep yellow eyes before saying. "Floral, there's been something I've been meaning to tell for the longest time."

"Yes," Flora asked looking up at him with curiosity. She honestly had no clue what he was about to say though he was right with had he had said so far. She had truly found her courage. She had even become friends with her worst fear, fire.

message 43: by Eoraptor (new)

"Well, for as long as I can remember, I have always admired you. You know the song of creation by heart are in tune with every note of it. It use to watch you dance around bay in the olden days, I use to watch you dance around in the woods with al of nature joining in to emulate you Beaty and grace. I so wanted to join you back then, but I know that I could hurt you and that you were afraid of me, so I stayed away. However, now you've seen me for who I am and are you no longer fear me. So I'll say it plain and clear. Floral, I love you," Fathamore said pouring his heart and soul to the nature goddess.

Flora instantly turned red as a beet. "You... you what?" She asked completely shocked out of her wits. For a couple moments it seemed as though the nature goddess was broken as all she could stutter out were a few simple phrases. "Me? What? Why? How? Are you sure?" She shook her head trying to get it into at least some vague order. "I don't know what to say other than why me," she said lowering her head as she continued to blush.

message 45: by Eoraptor (new)

"Why not you. Floral I have made all the Suns of the existing worlds, and you out shine all of them. Not only that, but you have a large heart and a kind soul that I can't help but love," He replied.

Flora was blushing viciously now and was at a complete loss for words. "I honestly, truly do not know what to say. Less than an hour ago I was still terrified of you, and now this happens. I don't know what to tell you yet. I don't want to reject you, but I can't tell you anything else yet. I still barely know you," She said.

message 47: by Eoraptor (new)

"I understand it's a lot to take in. I just needed to say the thoughts of my heart. So please take your time,"Fathamore said in acceptance as he turned over his attention back to his little ones. "Floral can you wrap them in something. They to be getting cold."

Flora nodded quietly. She shrugged off her own jacket that she had put on in anticipation of the cold day and wrapped up both in it as best she could. "It is a chilly day today," she said looking up at the sky. "It almost looks like it might start to rain soon. Perhaps we should go someplace more dry or warm? I'm not sure how fire gods cope with the rain..."

message 49: by Eoraptor (new)

"We it looks like some God is creating a race of giants over to the west," Fathamore said as he pointed to pair of eggplants large enough to be trees. "Perhaps we should seek shelter there. And to answer you, question, no I don't like the rain. I hate what it does to my feathers."

"Then, lets go quickly," she said as small drops of water started to come from the sky. The rain didn't necessarily bother Flora but she was worried about Fathamore as well as the small children whose reaction to rain was at the time unknown.

« previous 1 3 4 5