Don't Say That discussion

Talk About It > Depression

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nephilim (new)

Nephilim | 187 comments I have this so I know what it feels like. What do you think about it?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously sucks. Dealt with it a bit when i was younger and motivated me to form a GR help group (The Vent) and the groups given me a lot of depressed friends. I don't mind them being depressed and i know how they feel a lot of times, and what i don't, they help me understand for the next person like them. I do my best to help them, and it isn't always good enough, but i love my friends. And I love watching them slowly overcome their pain. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

dang. that sucks man.

message 4: by notyourfriend (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 331 comments It doesn't take long at all to get used to it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 08, 2014 11:38AM) (new)

BlackStar103 {I'll Save A Place For You In Hell} wrote: "Eh, you get used to it after a while."

just doesnt mean you can't get past it. Never give up the fight.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

fighting other people sure, but fighting for a better you is different, maybe cuz its a different kind of fighting. its setting little goals and proving to yourself how amazing you are. but if youve had issues since 2nd grade it might be a bigger deal than you can fix alone and may want to line up some anti-depressants to help. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

i get it that parents can be insensitive to anything distasteful coming from their kids sometimes. #storyofmylife but maybe try talking to a school counsiler about your feelings, idea that the meds might help, and that ur pretty sure ur parents wont listen bc them being an adult might give them some leeway.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yes. u cant get the help without it but believe me. they listen more to a counciler saying "dude. ur kid needs help" than their teen.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

whoa. whoa. whoa. im sry. i didnt mean to offend or upset you. i didn't mean get therapy. i meant, get someone to plead your case to your parents that this is out of hand and it will never really be in hand until you have at least a chance to talk to someone about anti-depressants, OR if you dont think those will work, like i said little goals to help you prove to yourself that your awesome.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

look buddy. we ALL mess up. ALL the time. ;) take it from me. its nearly a talent how i manage to screw up what i thought i was doing right. (view spoiler) just set little goals like "right down one happy thought a day" some days you wont be able to think of one, it just means that you had a rough day, not hat you're backtracking. also, parents rarely trust their kids. their just concerned for you and not sure how. Their fear that your cutting (which by the way, bravo to stopping. i know how hard it is) might provide some evidence that you need more help. if you really want things to change the can. i promise :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

*takes hand* i dont break promises. i promise you can change if you really want to. I promise to help you the best i know how. and I promise to never give up on you. I'm sorry about your friend, but you'll see them again in the next life. *hugs*

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

blackstar, we all have our "epic mess up"s. We all regret them. Sometimes we hurt other people without meaning to. but the thing is, your friend wouldn't want you to suffer from an accident you regret this badly. i have to go to bed, but give this a chance, alright? :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

10:38 pm ;) I'm on Arab Standard Time. I barely know you but already think your awesome. :) ttyl.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Morning! How are you doing, blackstar?